Successful and versatile support consultant and software trainer with many years' experience in supporting small to medium sized businesses as well as the general public. Extensive experience of analysing customer needs and providing cost effective solutions. I am looking for a permanent part-time position in the West Edinburgh, West Lothian or West Fife area.
I've been serving the IT needs of small to medium sized businesses as well as the general public since 1993 and I'm very comfortable dealing with users and staff of all levels.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Network configuration and administration
- Computer hardware troubleshooting and repair
- Software training
- Advanced MS Excel and MS Access development
- Broadband troubleshooting
- Experienced in liaising with customers and suppliers alike, both internal and external to the organisation.
- Confident public speaker and good communicator.
- Sound written communications skills with experience in technical manual creation and report writing.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of an organisation.
- Comfortable working either in a team environment or individually.
- Proven problem solver and experienced in the art of cost reduction in a variety of environments with an analytical mind and hands-on experience.
- Creative thinker with the ability to identify problems and produce solutions.
- Can readily grasp new concepts being a fast and motivated learner and self-taught in many skill areas.
- Proven expertise in recognising where efficiency improvements can be made and implementing the necessary changes to make them happen.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Very proficient IT user and experienced with a wide range of hardware and software.
- Presented numerous technical seminars to customers throughout the UK and Europe.
- Designed and presented advanced training courses for all levels of target audience in many organisations, large and small.
- Advised numerous organisations on cost saving options and implemented solutions best suited to their needs and budgets.
- Provided in-house internal customer support to large electronics firm located in South Queensferry.
- Toured West Scotland presenting training courses to NHS staff.
- Provided bespoke server and desktop builds for clients as well as computer refurbishment and recycling services thus extending the life their equipment and cutting costs long term.
- Saved clients significant sums in by demonstrating how to repurpose existing equipment.
- Developed customer case management systems customers in the legal and estate agents sector.
- Developed on-line ordering and quote system for successful Edinburgh computer hire company.
- Worked closely with sales and marketing departments to provide technical support to customers.
- Conducted and liaised with customers during product approval testing.
- Instrumental in the introduction of computerised modelling within the engineering department of employer greatly increasing efficiency and the technical understanding of staff.
- Introduced new test method, using existing equipment, dramatically improving the accuracy of results while simultaneously reducing operational costs.
- Developed technique which simultaneously reduced costs of one product line while significantly increasing performance. Consequently, the competitiveness of the product was increased, profit margins grew and new markets were established.
- Written numerous IT articles published in the Scottish Law Gazette and more recently in the Local Directory Live magazine.
- Designed and delivered many bespoke, customer driven training courses.
ACADEMIC HISTORY AND QUALIFICATIONS
1992 - 1993: Postgraduate Diploma, Information Technology (Software Engineering), Napier University, Edinburgh.
1980 - 1984: Bachelor of Science, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh.
1978 - 1980: 2 Certificate of Sixth Year Studies. 6 Highers. 8 O Grades.
1998: Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
1998: Microsoft Certified Professional + Internet
1997: Microsoft Certified Product Specialist in Excel
Many years' experience in the following software packages and technologies:
Clean driving license
Ad ID: 1194641497