Contact Individual Employer
Female Care Assistant
Chichester, West Sussex
- Part Time
- 53 days ago
- £12 per hour
- Individual Employer
- 08 Oct 2022
- Contract Type
- Recruiter Type
- Direct Employer
Job Title: Personal Care assistant
Hourly rate: £12.00
Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday – 10am - 1pm
Thursday – 1pm – 2.30pm
Friday – 1pm – 2.30pm
There is flexibility with the days/times/shifts
Open to job share
I am a lady in her late 30s looking for a PA to help me remain as independent as possible. Ideally you would have a thoughtful and caring nature and be ‘open minded’ (just like me). I enjoy the simple things in life like sitting in the park and ‘people watching,’ window shopping and have a coffee and a chat in a coffee shop. I am also happy for you to suggest some new places for us to go. You would need to be a driver with access to your own vehicle as I need support in getting to medical appointments.
My disability means that I need assistance and help maintaining my home, cooking meals, personal care and getting out and about. I experience fatigue and pain on daily basis and my ability to be able to do things for myself can vary from day to day so your support will be very much appreciated.
• Non smoker required due to medical reasons
• Must have a UK driving licence
• Must have access to own vehicle
All applicants must be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
Laundry including; Loading and unloading machine/ dryer. Folding and putting away etc
Making bed and changing linen if needed
Taking out rubbish
General housework/ cleaning, including cleaning, dusting and vacuuming.
Minor household maintenance eg changing light bulbs, taking down curtains for washing
Batch cooking meals and preparing drinks/snacks
Correspondence e.g. reading letters, help writing replies, form-filling, assisting with household paperwork
Making phone calls on my behalf when I am too unwell to do this
• Supervision and occasional assistance with bathing, showering, drying, hair washing/ brushing as required
• Occasional support with dressing and undressing
• Assistance with transfers; In/out bed or shower etc
• Help with other aspect of personal care for example assisting employer to get changed at swimming pool/gym.
• Getting in and out of the wheelchair ('transferring')
• Mealtimes e.g. cutting up food, assistance to eat
• Physiotherapy exercises
• Accompanying and assisting employer on shopping trips when required
• Accompany employer when accessing social and leisure activities for example; visiting cafes, pushing client in wheel chair around park, beach and accessible forest walks.
• Accompanying employer to doctors/hospital appointments when required and Collecting prescription from local pharmacy
• Occasional longer journeys
• Accompanying to social meetings e.g. visiting friends and family
• The above duties will involve driving the employer in the PA’s car, lifting the folding wheelchair in/out of car, pushing the employer’s wheelchair when out. Alternatively, I would use my walking frame.
• Person specification
The successful applicant will be:
• Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
• Reliable with good time-keeping
• Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
• Hygienic, tidy minded and well organised
• Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
• Patience and possess excellent interpersonal skills
• Honest and cheerful
• Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
• Legally permitted to work in the United Kingdom
• Able to work at all times to high standards of Health & Safety
Previous experience preferred but this is not as essential as a kind and common sense approach to these roles.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives
Ad ID: 5409434458
"Be wary of buyers asking to use 'Gumtree delivery' or 'Payments on Gumtree' for anything other than private cars"
"Gumtree does not offer delivery or payments for anything other than private cars; requests from Whatsapp or SMS could be scams"
1 of 8