The IT Technical Architect, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligencewill be the technology leader in the data warehousing and business teamproviding technical oversight to other developers, designing solutionsin the data warehousing and business intelligence areas, advising ontechnology and techniques to optimize the use of data to produceinformation for reporting, analysis and dashboards. The role is toensure that systems and processes are designed to return maximum valuefrom data to the organization. Armed with a deep understanding ofarchitectural principles and standards, with skills in Enterprise leveldata analysis, relationship database modelling, ETL, and dataintegrations of over five years, s/he will work with a cross-functionalteam to input to the BI strategy, define and support roadmaps, andmanage execution.
- Being the technical expert within the DW and BI team supporting amatrixed team of developers to ensure that IT delivery is consistent andmeets scope / schedule / resource requirements across a portfolio oftechnology projects and enhancements.
- Outstanding technical skills should be paired with goodcommunications skills; working closely with other developers andbusiness analyst. Interfacing with business streams leaders as and when required.
- Understanding of business processes in Finance, supply chain, CRM,Marketing, Sales Operations etc would be advantageous.
- Reviewing designs of proposed developments to ensure good quality androbust techniques are planned to be used. Ensuring compliance to thearchitectural principles and ensuring good governance over developments/deployments.
- Working as part of a dynamic growing team, delivering best-in-classB.I. capabilities using the Microsoft B.I. stack. Focus is primarily indelivering a data warehouse and datamarts that are utilised by toolslike SSAS cubes, Cognos and Tableau. As such, the main skills focus isSQL Server, SSIS and SSAS rather than SSRS.
- Deep level subject matter expertise across the board, and provenability to deliver projects in a fast paced and changing businessenvironment. Well versed in Big Data techniques.
- Feeding into and supporting the roadmap of future capability in datawarehousing and BI.
- Build out and support our existing data warehouse using an Enterpriselevel approach.
- Contributing to and assisting in moving the existing solutions froman in-house designed solution to a HANA/Hadoop model most likely in athird party support instance like Azure or AWS.
- Assisting and mentoring other team members
- Supporting and documenting coding standards and source control.Supporting, improving and automating current processes and developing efficiencies.
- Estimating, planning, designing, developing and supporting BusinessIntelligence solutions to agreed specifications and timescales.
- Cleansing, manipulating/transforming and formatting large datasets toenable data quality improvements.
- Supporting end to end data migration and project plans. Takingresponsibility for project deliverables.
- Ensuring data availability and uptime of the BI systems whether fromdata reception through to the surfacing of the data in reporting tools.
- Providing data modelling and data onboarding advice to other membersof the team
- Being available to help in any area of the team.
- Working with other Technical Architects in other teams in IT and thebusiness as well as contributing to the Architects forums etc Workingwith wider architecture team to assist in developing the widerenterprise architecture roadmap, applications projects and impact onBusiness Intelligence.
- Supporting the IT strategy, fostering a culture consistent withSophos and IT mission, vision and values.
Experience and Skills
- Experience in a senior IT BI role, supporting BI and data warehousing applications.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft BI stack (SQL Servers 2008, 2012R2,2014, 2016, SSIS and SSAS)
- Experienced designing and implement Data warehousing solutions.
- SQL Server 2012 or later.
- Experience developing complex SQL queries, MDX, stored procedures andtriggers required. Table valued functions.
- Understanding of dimensional modelling. Kimball preferred.
- Strong problem solving, exceptional numeracy, analytical rigor andattention to detail.
- Ability to translate business needs into technical specifications.
- Strong project management and organizations skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving company environment
- Deep understanding and management of waterfall and agile-baseddevelopment processes.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills ability to communicate across and up the organization including internalcommunication to gain buy-in on technology strategy, implementation, anddeployment.
Ideally BSc/BA; an MBA or similar advanced degree is a plus. - provided by Dice
Ad ID: 1270383618