- "Meet face to face, never send payment for items you've not seen"
- "If an ad or reply sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
- "Use the 'Reply to ad' button for your safety and privacy"
- "Don't reply to email addresses hidden in text and pictures"
- "Beware of fake Gumtree, eBay or escrow sites and invoices"
- "Don't carry large sums of money with you when meeting up"
- "Tell others when/where you're going to trade, and bring a friend"
- "Don't ship items - always trade face to face"
- "Don't use Paysafe, Ukash or Western Union for Gumtree trades"
- 1180 days ago
- Contract type
SWIIS Foster Care is one of the largest and most qualitative Independent Foster Care Agencies in the UK recognised by OFSTED as Outstanding at the majority of its offices.
SWIIS Foster Care is seeking to recruit a number of Supervising Social Workers to work in Hampshire and the surrounding areas. Successful candidates will work within a multi-disciplinary partnership, with the opportunity to work on either permanent or short term basis, or with a flexible working plan.
The role involves being responsible for the supervision of foster carers and ensuring there is good communication between all relevant parties. This will involve offering professional advice, guidance, support and supervision to foster carers and their families to sustain children and young people in their placements. The role requires a contribution to the recruitment, assessment and reviews of foster carers and to assist in the identification and implementation of the professional development of the foster carers.
SWIIS Foster Care was founded in 2000 and grown over that time to be the 4th largest Independent Fostering Agency caring for nearly 700 looked after children and young people. Our ethos is of providing the finest care possible and creating the achievable outcomes for our looked after children – an ethos that must be shared by the successful applicant.
This is an immediately available role and offers the following;
• £18-£20 per Hour
• Free DBS*
• Mileage expenses*
• Current HCPC registration and be eligible to work in the UK
• MA/BA in social work/DipSW
• Minimum of 2 years’ relevant recent practice experience
• Thorough understanding of legislative framework pertaining to children
• Ability to manage case load
• Strong assessment and referral skills
• Car driver with own car and clean licence
• Experience of working within a foster care environment
• Willingness to travel
If you believe that you have the professional experience and ambition to work for one of the finest Independent Foster Care Agencies in the UK and have the desire to really improve outcomes for looked after children then please submit an up-to-date CV detailing a full employment history.
“SWIIS Foster Care is committed to safeguarding children and young people and vulnerable adults. Post holders are subject to a satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure Baring Service”
SWIIS is an equal opportunities employer.