- "Meet face to face, never send payment for items you've not seen"
- "If an ad or reply sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
- "Use the 'Reply to ad' button for your safety and privacy"
- "Don't reply to email addresses hidden in text and pictures"
- "Beware of fake Gumtree, eBay or escrow sites and invoices"
- "Don't carry large sums of money with you when meeting up"
- "Tell others when/where you're going to trade, and bring a friend"
- "Don't ship items - always trade face to face"
- "Don't use Paysafe, Ukash or Western Union for Gumtree trades"
- 1041 days ago
- Contract type
About the position
Business: The George Bromley
Salary: GBP23,000 - GBP25,000
Live In: No
Closing Date: 12 August 2013
Working at Premium Country Dining Group restaurants
If you aspire to working in the refined and sophisticated environment of a top-class country restaurant, we've got some exceptional vacancies in some beautiful locations.
Country dining doesn't get any better
It's easy to take pride in your work when you're delivering top quality food designed by passionate chefs. Add to that some beautiful buildings and subtly designed interiors (often incorporating the pub's original features and log burning fires), and you can go to work knowing you're part of something truly exceptional.
Welcome to Premium Country Dining Group The George
The George serves an average of 800 meals per and up to 1400 in key trading weeks. It has a dining room that seats 100 covers with additional 40 covers in bar and further 50 alfresco.
As Sous Chef with us, you'll be helping to bring eating out into the 21st century. In a superb country pub with subtle décor and a more relaxed style of sophisticated contemporary dining. But we've also retained some beautiful things from the past with fantastic traditional features and roaring log fires. We'll want you to do exactly the same in bringing all the good things from your past too!
What you'll do in this role
What does the term 'British cooking' conjure up for you? If you're thinking heavy, if you're thinking stodgy, if you're thinking, heaven forbid, greasy, think again.As Sous Chef with us you'll be leading the revolution, and leading your team, into an exciting new age of British cuisine with the emphasis on fantastic fresh ingredients sourced locally where possible, a lightness of touch and innovative new marriages of flavour!
* As Sous Chef you'll help to ensure that every ingredient that comes into the kitchen and every dish that leaves it is perfection itself
* You'll help train, develop and grow a fantastic team to create the perfect blend
* You'll thrive in a pressure-cooker, high-volume environment
* You'll help ensure that all procedures are followed to the letter
* You'll maintain the highest standards even under the most severe pressure
What will make you perfect for the job?
* Experience in a similar role in a high-pressure, high-volume environment
* An all-consuming hunger and passion for great food
* Potential leadership qualities
* Commitment, drive, an obsessive attention to detail and the desire to instil these qualities in those around you
* Great communication skills
* A determination to learn and the ambition to progress
* The desire to progress from Sous Chef to become a great Head Chef
What we offer
* Highly competitive Sous Chef salary
* Opportunity to join a defined contribution pension scheme
* Many additional company benefits
* Excellent training and development programmes
* The opportunity to join a household name brand with great career prospects
Apply now if you fancy a rewarding and challenging career where you can really go places.
Advertised by: Mitchells & Butlers