- "Meet face to face, never send payment for items you've not seen"
- "If an ad or reply sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
- "Use the 'Reply to ad' button for your safety and privacy"
- "Don't reply to email addresses hidden in text and pictures"
- "Beware of fake Gumtree, eBay or escrow sites and invoices"
- "Don't carry large sums of money with you when meeting up"
- "Tell others when/where you're going to trade, and bring a friend"
- "Don't ship items - always trade face to face"
- "Don't use Paysafe, Ukash or Western Union for Gumtree trades"
- 1274 days ago
- Contract type
The Shield Guarding Company has an exciting opportunity for a professional Security Officer to work on a busy campus site in the Birmingham (B4) area.
Applicants must hold a valid frontline SIA licence in Security /Door Supervision and CCTV licence (preferably).
Roles and Responsibilities;
You will be required to meet and greet.
Handling deliveries and collections to the relative contact whilst enforcing our H&S policy within this area.
You will be an excellent communicator and be able to operate in a busy environment.
You will have proficient IT skills that will enable you to handle access requests with correspondence through email, information logging such as daily activities, irregularities, property damage and presence of unauthorised personnel.
You will need to answer alarms and direct your colleague(s) to point(s) of activation, CCTV monitoring and the fire and life safety system.
Be able to read floor plans.
You will enforce our permit to work process as well as site inductions.
You must have legible writing to complete check sheets and reports while being able to think on the go.
Take responsibility for your actions and be of a high standard of personal presentation.
You will assist where necessary and be fit enough to respond to incidents with a matter of urgency.
In addition to these functions, the post holder will be required to undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required.
The role has a 6 month probation period. The operational hours are 1900 to 0700 and 0700 to 1900 based on a rota of days and nights.
The pay rate is £8.09ph
Please e mail a copy of your CV