- "Meet face to face, never send payment for items you've not seen"
- "If an ad or reply sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
- "Use the 'Reply to ad' button for your safety and privacy"
- "Don't reply to email addresses hidden in text and pictures"
- "Beware of fake Gumtree, eBay or escrow sites and invoices"
- "Don't carry large sums of money with you when meeting up"
- "Tell others when/where you're going to trade, and bring a friend"
- "Don't ship items - always trade face to face"
- "Don't use Paysafe, Ukash or Western Union for Gumtree trades"
- 1275 days ago
- Contract type
Receptionist/ Admin Assistant Needed
Temporary for 6months with possibility of permanent position
Mon-Fri 8:30am – 5:30pm
Based – West End
Starting date: ASAP
Full time receptionist needed for fixed term 6 month contract with possible extension to permanent position.
The position would suit a smartly presented, well-rounded office professional with excellent communication skills, who has the ability to multitask, take initiative and establish themselves as a confident and reliable point of contact. As this role acts as first point of contact for staff and clients, a positive, hospitality oriented attitude is essential.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage own workload
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work both autonomously and in a team
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
• Managing the daily correspondence – incoming and outgoing; maintaining and topping up credit on the franking machine
• Signing for deliveries
• Ensuring the meeting room / kitchen / general office is clean and tidy
• Responsibility for petty cash - keeping track of all expenditure and receipt
• Assist with ordering of stationery and refreshments (milk & hot beverages, phones, stationery)
• Ensuring printers / photocopiers are kept full with paper
• Document printing, binding, scanning, photocopying, faxing, laminating
• Liaise with procurement and technical services for equipment faults and deliveries
• Raise purchase orders
• Answering the main switchboard and taking messages / relaying to colleagues
• Answering the intercom front door system
• Meeting & greeting clients / guests and offering refreshments
• Managing meeting room bookings on Office Outlook
• Logging visitors book
• Booking couriers, taxis and travel arrangements
• Ad hoc admin support for colleagues
If you think you have the skills, experience and attitude to join our fantastic team please send your CV and cover letter.