- "Meet face to face, never send payment for items you've not seen"
- "If an ad or reply sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
- "Use the 'Reply to ad' button for your safety and privacy"
- "Don't reply to email addresses hidden in text and pictures"
- "Beware of fake Gumtree, eBay or escrow sites and invoices"
- "Don't carry large sums of money with you when meeting up"
- "Tell others when/where you're going to trade, and bring a friend"
- "Don't ship items - always trade face to face"
- "Don't use Paysafe, Ukash or Western Union for Gumtree trades"
- 1128 days ago
- Contract type
• Salary £25K - £32K.
• Location: Gateshead, Tyne & Wear.
Our client is a blue chip diagnostic company with global reputation for the design, manufacture and marketing of the most innovative in vitro diagnostic systems and biomedical technology for the progress of healthcare and medical science.
Our client is looking to recruit a highly motivated Product Applications Specialist who will work in the Department for Clinical Electrophoresis.
Reporting to the Scientific Support Manager and the Marketing Director, the key role will be to drive the commercial development and support of their Serum Protein, CDT and Haemoglobin assays for their capillary electrophoresis analyser, both domestically and worldwide.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• To follow, develop and implement a comprehensive market development plan for all Clinical CE applications i.e. Serum Protein; Immunodisplacement; Immunofixation; CDT and Haemoglobin.
• To help implement an effective and strategic business and market development plan for the company’s CDT and Hb IEF assays.
• To develop technical and scientific marketing literature for the optimisation and business growth of all Electrophoresis assays.
• To write content for the quarterly journal publication Review of Clinical Electrophoresis.
• To organise and provide clear, precise and well executed technical and marketing presentations to scientific colleagues, clinicians, consultants and industry experts.
• To help assist in the development and improvement of key Electrophoresis assays via objective evidence and market feedback.
• To be involved directly with customer support and complaints including: Direct verbal or written communications with customers; Provision of supporting marketing material; In house investigations directed through R and D departments; Electrophoresis Product specialist support in gathering the relevant documentation and materials required for on-site visits/demos.
• To provide technical support to all departments internal to the company as and when required.
• To provide technical support to the field based customer representatives as and when required.
• To support relationships with new and existing distributors by providing technical support with clear, appropriate and timely responses via verbal or written communication.
• To organise resources for the training/demonstration of instruments (on-site and off-site) to; New sales and existing sales staff including overseas distributors; New and existing customers.
• To support field based personnel and company objectives with product presentations and demonstrations domestically and internationally.
• To be involved in the planning and writing of marketing material for the support and promotion of the company’s Electrophoresis products.
• To maintain, update and catalogue appropriately (as directed) documentation related to Electrophoresis products and instruments.
• To carry out other duties as directed by the Scientific Support Manager, the Marketing Director and the Directors of the company.
• The candidate must have specialist knowledge of applied biochemistry, immunology and haematology.
• The ideal candidate will have commercial experience; a strong research background and a proven track record in a clinical laboratory environment and/or a commercial organisation.
• The candidate will demonstrate an in-depth understanding of clinical diagnostic techniques. Frequent domestic and international travel is essential to this role.
• Dedicated hard-working and flexible person essential.
• 2:1 BSc; MSc; PhD; Professional Qualifications i.e. BMS.
• Ability to understand complex scientific literature.
• Competent in the use of Internet and Windows, including Word, Excel Power Point, Analyse It and other statistical analysis software.
• Competent mathematician and statistician.
• Competent writer.
• Able to work well within a team.
• Good communicator.
• Excellent time management and organisational skills.
• Ability to priority plan.
• Comfortable with disciplinary procedures and supervision.
• Able to communicate well with all personnel within the company.