- "Meet face to face, never send payment for items you've not seen"
- "If an ad or reply sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
- "Use the 'Reply to ad' button for your safety and privacy"
- "Don't reply to email addresses hidden in text and pictures"
- "Beware of fake Gumtree, eBay or escrow sites and invoices"
- "Don't carry large sums of money with you when meeting up"
- "Tell others when/where you're going to trade, and bring a friend"
- "Don't ship items - always trade face to face"
- "Don't use Paysafe, Ukash or Western Union for Gumtree trades"
- 1420 days ago
- Contract type
Personal Care Assistant required on Saturdays between 10am and 4pm (occasional flexibility, with notice, required) to support a visually impaired and physically disabled man, living in Shepherd's Bush, W12, in a variety of domestic and social ways to lead an independent life.
Duties include: washing, ironing, cooking, cleaning; admin: reading letters, completing forms, etc; personal care, such as support with bathing, cutting nails etc; pushing wheelchair out in the community for shopping, theatre trips etc.
Essential: applicants must be honest, reliable, have excellent English, both written and spoken, with computer skills and a good sense of humour.
A liking for theatre and cryptic crosswords would be an advantage.
If you wish to apply, please let me have biographical details including education, experience and indication of interests. CVs alone will not be accepted. I hope the successful applicant will be able to start around end of July/ beginning of August.
Salary: £10.00 ph