- "Meet face to face, never send payment for items you've not seen"
- "If an ad or reply sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
- "Use the 'Reply to ad' button for your safety and privacy"
- "Don't reply to email addresses hidden in text and pictures"
- "Beware of fake Gumtree, eBay or escrow sites and invoices"
- "Don't carry large sums of money with you when meeting up"
- "Tell others when/where you're going to trade, and bring a friend"
- "Don't ship items - always trade face to face"
- "Don't use Paysafe, Ukash or Western Union for Gumtree trades"
- 899 days ago
- Contract type
Are you a fitness fanatic? Enjoy training and teaching others to work hard and meet their goals? We are looking for someone who can actively encourage our members' wellbeing and focused on helping them achieve their goals. You will need to be passionate about our members’ needs, and help, advise and train them to achieve their goals.
This position requires a minimum Level 2 Gym Instructor Certificate.
What does the role involve?
• Maintain vigilant supervision of gym users and ensure their safety at all times
• Ensure that the etiquette fostered in the gym reflects the importance of safety and consideration for others at all times
• Conduct inductions for all new members and users, demonstrating how to use equipment; fitness assessments, prescribing lifestyle changes, dietary considerations and create safe and effective exercise
• Motivating members
• In conjunction with the Club Manager consider marketing tools to increase membership sales and retention of members
• Complete all cleaning and maintenance schedules as stated and keep records of such activity
• Ensure faults are reported immediately and equipment taken out of action if required
• Comply with health and safety.
• Communicate to non-using/lapsed members either by telephone or email
• Keeping updated records of all inductions and follow ups
• Deliver consistent excellent customer service and provide a professional, efficient and cheerful presence at all times.
• Conduct classes where required
• Contribute to the programming of classes and Club events
• Ensure thorough understanding of the membership sale process in order to advise and sell suitable membership requirements
• Open and close the club as required - the club will be open 6.30am, closing at 9pm M-F, and weekends.
The person we are looking for will have good communication and listening skills. They will have a good understanding of diet, nutrition, exercise and health and will be able to give clear and precise guidance to our members.
They will have patience and discretion; they will be approachable, professional and motivated at all times.
At The Curve, our ethos is to value and respect our staff and our members, working as a team to provide the best experience for our members.
If this sounds like you .. . .. you could be the one we are looking for.