- "Meet face to face, never send payment for items you've not seen"
- "If an ad or reply sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
- "Use the 'Reply to ad' button for your safety and privacy"
- "Don't reply to email addresses hidden in text and pictures"
- "Beware of fake Gumtree, eBay or escrow sites and invoices"
- "Don't carry large sums of money with you when meeting up"
- "Tell others when/where you're going to trade, and bring a friend"
- "Don't ship items - always trade face to face"
- "Don't use Paysafe, Ukash or Western Union for Gumtree trades"
- 1276 days ago
- Contract type
I am an OAP and I am looking for a young man to help me with occasional work in my garden. Typically this means racking up leaves, cutting the grass, weeding the flowerbeds, chopping up logs, painting the fences, cleaning the drains, sweeping the patio and generally keeping the garden and outside areas clean and tidy. From time to time it may be necessary to use machine tools so I would prefer someone who is obviously mature and sensible. To make transport easier I am ideally looking for someone who has a bicycle and who lives in or close to the GU22 area. That person should also have a mobile telephone so I can stay in touch and agree with him when it will be best to work. I can be flexible and schedule the work around other employment if necessary. I propose to start at £6.50 per hour which I might look at again if things work out.
If you are interested then please send me a short resume of any relevant experience together with your name, age and post code and your contact telephone number. If you have any other DIY experience then please do include that in case I have other jobs which you might be able to do for me. I will reply to any person who gives me a number to call.