- "Meet face to face, never send payment for items you've not seen"
- "If an ad or reply sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
- "Use the 'Reply to ad' button for your safety and privacy"
- "Don't reply to email addresses hidden in text and pictures"
- "Beware of fake Gumtree, eBay or escrow sites and invoices"
- "Don't carry large sums of money with you when meeting up"
- "Tell others when/where you're going to trade, and bring a friend"
- "Don't ship items - always trade face to face"
- "Don't use Paysafe, Ukash or Western Union for Gumtree trades"
- 1206 days ago
- Contract type
About the position
Business: Swan Holme
Brand: Vintage Inns
Salary: GBP20,000 'O GBP26,000
Live In: No
Closing Date: 01 March 2013
Working at Vintage Inns
If you value individuality and charm as much as we do, working in a traditional country pub is going to suit you down to the ground. With Head Chef vacancies across our cosy rural pubs and restaurants, you can find the perfect environment to make the most of your talents.
Country dining with a modern twist
Join our team and you'll be part of the warm, relaxed atmosphere you'd expect from a country inn with a contemporary flavour, while learning your trade in one of the most stimulating and rewarding environments in the business. What's more every day at work will be in a perfect country retreat!
Welcome to Vintage Inns the Swan Holme
The Swan Holme, Lincoln is a fantastic business that has a great external area over looking a lake.
As the Head Chef of a Vintage Inn you'll be in working in one of Britain's finest country pubs. This is a place in the heart of the countryside with cosy interiors retaining wonderful original features, simply dripping with individuality and style. People travel here from miles around for the superb seasonal food and fantastic service, so there'll be no standing still for you and your team!
What you'll do in this role
As Head Chef, you'll be responsible for everything that goes into the kitchen and everything that comes out. You'll look after ordering, keep a wary eye on stock levels and tight control of budgets. So, if you can stand that kind of heat, you should get into our kitchen!
* As Head Chef you'll make sure that every dish is sheer perfection as it makes its way from kitchen to table
* You'll be responsible for training and motivating your talented team
* You'll be responsible for food stock control and ordering
* You'll be accountable for the kitchen's financial performance
* You'll be on the fast track to a rewarding managerial career with us
What will make you perfect for the job?
At least 1 years experience of successfully managing a high volume partial fresh food kitchen
Experience of recruiting, developing and retaining a talented team of chefs
Being able to deal with high volume and the pressure of busy sessions
Working in an organised manner, delivering brand standards and controls
Being able to enthuse the team about dishes and their provenance
Having a passion for fresh food and daily specials
Taking an interest in the whole of the business and having ambitions to become a Manager in the future
Please be aware that this position will require you to hold a full driving licence and you must have continued and unlimited access to a vehicle.
What we offer
* Highly competitive salary
* Attractive Head Chef bonus package - up to GBP4k!
* Opportunity to join a defined contribution pension scheme
* 25 days paid holiday
* Other lifestyle-flexible benefits
Apply now if you fancy a rewarding and challenging career where you can really go places.
Advertised by: Mitchells & Butlers