- "Meet face to face, never send payment for items you've not seen"
- "If an ad or reply sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
- "Use the 'Reply to ad' button for your safety and privacy"
- "Don't reply to email addresses hidden in text and pictures"
- "Beware of fake Gumtree, eBay or escrow sites and invoices"
- "Don't carry large sums of money with you when meeting up"
- "Tell others when/where you're going to trade, and bring a friend"
- "Don't ship items - always trade face to face"
- "Don't use Paysafe, Ukash or Western Union for Gumtree trades"
- 976 days ago
- Contract type
Customer Service Consultants Full time Permanent
Salary up to £16,800 package, dependent on experience
What being a service consultant involves
Be the voice of a wide range of market leading insurance brands, including Direct Line and Churchill. Speak to a huge array of customers. And tailor your approach to each. Whatever your background, this is a customer-focused sales and service role with real variety.
The joy of working with so many different brands is that they appeal to a huge variety of different people. Your challenge is to do the same. When it's appropriate you will offer our products, whether that’s car, home, travel or pet insurance, but you’ll also help customers by amending, transferring and renewing policies. When a call comes through, it could be anyone from any walk of life, and you’ll have to adapt your approach accordingly.
You’ll follow scripts in certain areas, but how you walk your customers through the process, get to know them, highlight the benefits and match our products to their needs is largely up to you.
Skills and qualities you’ll need
We want people to draw on their life experience, personality and individual talents. If you have sales experience, so much the better. Whilst we offer training, broadly speaking, we look for;
• The ability to communicate persuasively
• Sharp thinking and an eye for detail
• Helpfulness and a passion for customer service
• Drive and enthusiasm for meeting targets
• PC literacy
In return, we’ll give you a great team atmosphere, extensive training, excellent benefits and plenty of opportunities for progression.
Career benefits and rewards
It all starts with a competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do. We’ve made sure your annual holiday entitlement is attractive too – and what’s more, we let you choose the rewards that suit your lifestyle.
That kind of flexibility is a key feature of our benefits package. And there’s plenty to choose from, including:
• Pension funding of 9% of your base salary – you can choose to contribute less or more than this
• Income protection
• Life assurance
• Private medical cover (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
• Direct Line Group employees can apply for 50% off Direct Line and Churchill home, motor and pet insurance policies
• We also provide free Direct Line travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover to our people
For further information and to apply, please click on the above button.
Direct Line Group is a new organisation, with a clear vision: to be the best retail general insurer. We have market leading positions in the UK in personal lines motor and home insurance. We’re home to some of the nation’s best-loved brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag, TRACKER and NIG.