- "Meet face to face, never send payment for items you've not seen"
- "If an ad or reply sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
- "Use the 'Reply to ad' button for your safety and privacy"
- "Don't reply to email addresses hidden in text and pictures"
- "Beware of fake Gumtree, eBay or escrow sites and invoices"
- "Don't carry large sums of money with you when meeting up"
- "Tell others when/where you're going to trade, and bring a friend"
- "Don't ship items - always trade face to face"
- "Don't use Paysafe, Ukash or Western Union for Gumtree trades"
- 1244 days ago
- Contract type
UNIVERSITY OF SUSSEX
Residential, Sport and Trading Services - Catering Department
Commis Chef - Fixed term until 31 July 2013, full time
Salary range: starting at £14,608 and rising to £16,226 per annum
It is normal to appoint at the first point of the salary scale.
The Catering Services team are seeking a Commis Chef to operate within the main kitchen brigade operating within the Central Production Unit. The role holder will be working as part of the team to produce food for the extensive retail and hospitality service across campus.
The successful applicant will be enthusiastic and resourceful and be able to deliver a consistently high quality of dishes and food products. (S)he will be trained to or working towards C&G 706/1 or an equivalent, e.g. GNVQ. The applicant should be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of nutrition, have a flair for presentation and a desire to produce fresh, healthy nutritious food.
Candidates should also have a good understanding of food hygiene, trained to environmental health level 2 standard.
Your working hours will generally fall within the hours of 5.30am to 10pm (although evening hours will be until 11.30pm for two of the units in Bramber House – Eat Central and the main production kitchen).
You will work a four-week rolling rota, i.e. a rota where the shift patterns repeat themselves every four weeks. You will therefore largely be working to the same pattern every four-week period, unless business requirements necessitate otherwise. You will be required to work alternate whole weekend shifts (maximum of 25 shifts or 49 weekend days per annum).
Closing date for applications: 11 January 2013
The selection process will include a trade test and interview.
For full details and how to apply, please click on the above button.
The University of Sussex is committed to equality of opportunity