- "Meet face to face, never send payment for items you've not seen"
- "If an ad or reply sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
- "Use the 'Reply to ad' button for your safety and privacy"
- "Don't reply to email addresses hidden in text and pictures"
- "Beware of fake Gumtree, eBay or escrow sites and invoices"
- "Don't carry large sums of money with you when meeting up"
- "Tell others when/where you're going to trade, and bring a friend"
- "Don't ship items - always trade face to face"
- "Don't use Paysafe, Ukash or Western Union for Gumtree trades"
- 720 days ago
- Contract type
Thousands of families are at risk of losing their homes.
They urgently need your help.
Shelter is the UK’s leading homeless charity helping to alleviate the distress caused by homelessness and bad housing.
Shelter needs your help more than ever with 75,000 children in Britain currently living in temporary accommodation and 2,180 people in England sleeping rough on any given night. Last year Shelter provided help and support for over 2 million people with this figure increasing every year.
We are looking for dedicated, passionate people to join our team of fundraisers and help raise money so that Shelter can continue with the vital work that they do.
You will be working as part of a team traveling to different residential locations speaking to people at their homes. Your goal will be to inspire commitment to Shelter and help keep vulnerable people off the street and help keep a roof over their heads.
Kick-start your career in the charity sector today! Door-to-door fundraising is a great way to start your career in the charity sector. The charity sector is notoriously hard to break into and working directly for a charity in-house campaign could give you that all important step on to the charity career ladder.
Benefits of in-house fundraising include:
- Market-leading donor retention
- Genuine progression prospects
- Working as part of a high quality operation
- Working for a non-profit organisation with like-minded, charity-focused colleagues
Hours – 2pm-8pm Monday- Friday
Pay- £8.50 p/hr (negotiable depending on experience)
NB: All applicants must be 18+