- "Meet face to face, never send payment for items you've not seen"
- "If an ad or reply sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
- "Use the 'Reply to ad' button for your safety and privacy"
- "Don't reply to email addresses hidden in text and pictures"
- "Beware of fake Gumtree, eBay or escrow sites and invoices"
- "Don't carry large sums of money with you when meeting up"
- "Tell others when/where you're going to trade, and bring a friend"
- "Don't ship items - always trade face to face"
- "Don't use Paysafe, Ukash or Western Union for Gumtree trades"
- 1502 days ago
- Contract type
We are looking for a volunteer to provide valuable support to the Volunteer Development Team based at Diabetes UKs Central Office in Camden, London.
Enthusiastic and capable of working on your own initiative, you will be a confident computer user and have good accuracy and attention to detail. The role also requires good organisational skills and time management skills.
As a volunteer you will have the opportunity to gain experience of working within the charity sector, and the chance to experience office work as part of a busy team. We will give you all the training and support you need to do your role and reimburse any out of pocket expenses, including lunch and travel.
We are looking for someone who can volunteer for 1 or 2 days a week, initally for 3 months.
Main elements of the role:
- Work alongside the Volunteer Development Team to respond to email, post and phone enquiries about volunteering at Diabetes UK
- Create and maintain volunteer packs to give to new volunteers
- Help keep electronic and paper records up-to-date for volunteers and voluntary groups
- Assist with recording results from the annual Volunteer Survey and Volunteer Contact Forms
- Assist with volunteer development project work
If you would like more information, or if you want to apply, visit our web page, where you can download a role description and application form: http://www.diabetes.org.uk/officevolunteers or contact 020 7424 1000 or email us using the link in the ad.
We are sorry we do not accept CVs.