- "Meet face to face, never send payment for items you've not seen"
- "If an ad or reply sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
- "Use the 'Reply to ad' button for your safety and privacy"
- "Don't reply to email addresses hidden in text and pictures"
- "Beware of fake Gumtree, eBay or escrow sites and invoices"
- "Don't carry large sums of money with you when meeting up"
- "Tell others when/where you're going to trade, and bring a friend"
- "Don't ship items - always trade face to face"
- "Don't use Paysafe, Ukash or Western Union for Gumtree trades"
- 1795 days ago
Large vintage US Army Signal Corps wooden box with steel covered lid and corners.
The plate attached to the lid indicates that is it pre 1945.
The plate reads
SIGNAL CORPS U S ARMY
Chest CH -30
DESIGNED AT SIGNAL CORPS LABORATORIES
FORT MONMOUTH, NEW JERSEY
SERIAL No. (not legible) ORDER No. 1776 PHILA 43
MADE BY H.DIETZ COMPANY
BROOKLYN, NEW YORK
One carrying handle is missing but it is otherwise in good condition for its age and usage.
It measures 16 inches x 46 inches x 12 inches deep.
Hall Green area.