- "Meet face to face, never send payment for items you've not seen"
- "If an ad or reply sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
- "Use the 'Reply to ad' button for your safety and privacy"
- "Don't reply to email addresses hidden in text and pictures"
- "Beware of fake Gumtree, eBay or escrow sites and invoices"
- "Don't carry large sums of money with you when meeting up"
- "Tell others when/where you're going to trade, and bring a friend"
- "Don't ship items - always trade face to face"
- "Don't use Paysafe, Ukash or Western Union for Gumtree trades"
- 1500 days ago
This is a tag-a-long trailer which fits securely to the adult's (towing) bike's seat post using a simple to fit bracket. Hitching the U-plus 2 up is a moment's work and with the children on board you are free to explore.
As it has a tricycle type rear end it is very stable and safe much more so than other tandem tow-a-longs. The children each have their own pedal set connected to the 6 speed rear sprocket via 2 chains. They can change gear on the move and pedal or free wheel. Its great fun to ask for extra effort on the hills and the outfit attracts a great deal of attention wherever you ride it.
This tow-a-long is no longer under manufacture as far as I am aware and there are not that many in circulation, in fact I have never seen anyone else out on one or anything similar. They sometimes are listed on ebay and go for similar price to that listed (for ones in similar excellent condition)
The U-plus 2 suits children from about 4 to 10 years old. Unfortunately my son is too big now for it so it has to be sold.
I have had it professionally repainted in powder coat in pillar box red. I have replaced all of the main bearings and stripped and greased the rest as well as replacing all fixings with stainless steel. It is in excellent condition and has been well cared for.
Due to the large size and weight, buyer must collect. If you are interested please contact me and I will make the arrangements for collection.
Cash on collection please. If you are serious about purchasing, please arrange a viewing if you want to come and see it and discuss.