- "Meet face to face, never send payment for items you've not seen"
- "If an ad or reply sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
- "Use the 'Reply to ad' button for your safety and privacy"
- "Don't reply to email addresses hidden in text and pictures"
- "Beware of fake Gumtree, eBay or escrow sites and invoices"
- "Don't carry large sums of money with you when meeting up"
- "Tell others when/where you're going to trade, and bring a friend"
- "Don't ship items - always trade face to face"
- "Don't use Paysafe, Ukash or Western Union for Gumtree trades"
- 1538 days ago
For sale, my cherished Nikkor 300mm f2.8 AF ED lens. Complete with original front and rear lens-caps, 39mm rear drop-in filter with holder and CT-303 custom flight case. Both the lens hood and tripod mount are integrated.
The aperture is snappy and the optics are in excellent condition with no internal fungus or dirt. As you would expect there are some minor cosmetic marks and brassing on the metal body but this lens has been well looked after by a keen amateur and I would still rate the overall condition as very good.
The only other thing worth mentioning is that the original tripod mount knob has been repaired/replaced, and works like a charm.
This was the industry standard mid-range telephoto lens for the wildlife/sports photographers for over a decade, it is built like a tank and the legendary image quality remains second to none. Tack sharp images across the frame, even at wide open at f2.8.
The current version of this lens retails for around £4k, so why not grab yourself a bargain.
I have used it primarily for nature photography with a 1.4x tele-convertor, effectively making it a 420mm f4, and am only selling as it is no longer getting the use it deserves.
See some sample images here: http://rosslennoxphotography.co.uk/galleries/wildlife/
Lens can be collected from Milngavie or sent elsewhere in the UK for ~£25.
Any questions, please just ask....