- "Meet face to face, never send payment for items you've not seen"
- "If an ad or reply sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
- "Use the 'Reply to ad' button for your safety and privacy"
- "Don't reply to email addresses hidden in text and pictures"
- "Beware of fake Gumtree, eBay or escrow sites and invoices"
- "Don't carry large sums of money with you when meeting up"
- "Tell others when/where you're going to trade, and bring a friend"
- "Don't ship items - always trade face to face"
- "Don't use Paysafe, Ukash or Western Union for Gumtree trades"
- 1057 days ago
kenrockwell web site says:
5 star Optical perfection.
5 star World's best macro and telephoto
Overall 5 star.
The 200mm Micro is Nikon's sharpest 200mm lens for use as a general purpose telephoto, as well as the dream lens of bug photographers. Only the $4,000 f/2 monsters might be as sharp.
This 200mm is exceptional for use with the D3X for landscape photography.
It's perfect for use on FX digital, DX digital and film.
The Nikon 200mm f/4 AF-D ED is simply nuts. I've never used a sharper 200mm lens. If shooting flat tests at any distance, I can't tell if it was shot at f/4 or stopped down. As far as sharpness goes, it seems to be optically perfect, even in the corners of the FX frame.
If you want the sharpest possible 200mm lens, this is it, even if you don't need the macro ability. I haven't tried the $4,000 200mm f/2 VR, which is probably as good for three times the price, and adds VR. The f/2 "super-Chub" should be better for portraits, sports and people.
The only incompatibility is that it will not autofocus with the cheapest D40, D40x and D60, but if you focus manually, everything else works great. The D40, D40x and D60 even have in-finder focus confirmation dots to help you.
Comes complete with box, case and FULL DOCUMENTATION - not even a year old!
I have a flickr account and some photos used this lens to help you see the detail!