- "Meet face to face, never send payment for items you've not seen"
- "If an ad or reply sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
- "Use the 'Reply to ad' button for your safety and privacy"
- "Don't reply to email addresses hidden in text and pictures"
- "Beware of fake Gumtree, eBay or escrow sites and invoices"
- "Don't carry large sums of money with you when meeting up"
- "Tell others when/where you're going to trade, and bring a friend"
- "Don't ship items - always trade face to face"
- "Don't use Paysafe, Ukash or Western Union for Gumtree trades"
- 1232 days ago
This is a rare opportunity to acquire an original late 19th Century bagpipe by J & W Hutcheon of Edinburgh who were in business between 1887-1913.
The instrument is made of African Blackwood, with button mounts, nickel ferrules and genuine ivory ring tops. The tone of these drones is both bold and buzzy and will equal and indeed surpass that of better known makers of the Golden Age of Piping.
The accompanying ivory soled chanter bears no makers name which is not uncommon. The chanter bowl exactly replicates the button mounts which would strongly indicate that the chanter is the original. It produces a true pipe scale with a much lower pitch than that favoured today.
The instrument has been personally set up with MG Carbon reeds by the Kilmarnock based reed maker himself. A brand new Bannatyne zipper hide bag and water trap are included along with a brand new bag cover..
In order that the pipes are ready to play I shall also include a used and reeded McCallum Chanter.
The price includes recorded delivery postage anywhere in the U.K.
Prospective buyers are welcome to come and try the pipe.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.