- "Meet face to face, never send payment for items you've not seen"
- "If an ad or reply sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
- "Use the 'Reply to ad' button for your safety and privacy"
- "Don't reply to email addresses hidden in text and pictures"
- "Beware of fake Gumtree, eBay or escrow sites and invoices"
- "Don't carry large sums of money with you when meeting up"
- "Tell others when/where you're going to trade, and bring a friend"
- "Don't ship items - always trade face to face"
- "Don't use Paysafe, Ukash or Western Union for Gumtree trades"
- 1551 days ago
- Seller type
- Property type
- Number of beds
A substantial detached Grade II Listed Georgian town house situated in a prominent positon close to the town centre. Entrance hall, 3 reception rooms, kitchen, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, large storage accommodation, self contained 2 bedroom annexe, gardens.
A substantial detached Grade II Listed Georgian town house situated in a prominent positon close to the town centre. Built around 1790 to 1800 of local Hamstone solid wall construction under a part slate and tiled roof with a full height semi circular stair turret to the rear. There are many interesting character features both externally and internally with the main reception room and lower ground floor requiring refurbishment. The main accommodation offers an exceptional entrance hall with sweeping staircase off and 3 reception rooms with large kitchen. On the first floor there is a master bedroom with en-suite shower and 3 further bedrooms with family bathroom. The lower ground floor is currently used as storage and there is a self contained 2 bedroom annexe adjoining. Accessed through Hamstone pillars with ample parking and South facing walled gardens.
Ilminster is a Medieval market town, the centre of which is dominated by the ancient Minster. The town developed further during the Georgian period with many of the properties being constructed in the local mellow Hamstone. The surrounding land is lightly wooded and is designated a Special Landscape area. Ilminster offers a full range of shopping and other amenities, together with schooling at primary and intermediate levels with churches of various denominations. Ilminster has convenient road access to both the M5, junction 25 lies 11 miles to the north-west and to the A303, now dual carriageway most of the way to the M3. There are mainline railway stations at Crewkerne 7 miles (London Waterloo) and the county town of Taunton 13 miles (London Paddington). Bath, Bristol and Exeter offer excellent cultural and shopping facilities within easy travelling distance. The World Heritage designated coastline lies 18 miles to the South.
Property Advertised by: Greenslade Taylor Hunt, 15 East Street, Ilminster, TA19 0AJ
--- Local Information ---
Schools, Libraries & Univerities
* Hair Academy South West - 120 East Reach, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 3HL (9.88 miles)
* Yeovil Library - King George Street, Yeovil, Somerset, BA20 1PY (12.34 miles)
* Crewkerne Library - Falkland Square, Crewkerne, Somerset, TA18 7JS (6.05 miles)
* Misterton Ce First School - Middle Street, Crewkerne, Somerset, TA18 8LZ (7.40 miles)
* St Marys & St Peters C of E School - Water Street, Ilminster, Somerset, TA19 0JR (3.07 miles)
* Bonners - 37 Silver Street, Ilminster, Somerset, TA19 0DW (0.13 miles)
* Tesco Stores - Shudrick Lane, Ilminster, Somerset, TA19 0BQ (0.25 miles)
* Cornhill Wines - 33a Silver Street, Ilminster, Somerset, TA19 0DW (0.13 miles)
* McColl's - 2-4 East Street, Ilminster, Somerset, TA19 0AJ (0.21 miles)
* Bonners the Butchers - 37 Silver Street, Ilminster, Somerset, TA19 0DW (0.13 miles)
Nice places to eat and drink
* Balti House - 4a Ditton Street, Ilminster, Somerset, TA19 0BQ (0.28 miles)
* Bilbys - 14 Silver Street, Ilminster, Somerset, TA19 0DJ (0.16 miles)
* Duke Of York - North Street, Ilminster, Somerset, TA19 0LW (0.17 miles)
* The George - North Street, Ilminster, Somerset, TA19 0DG (0.12 miles)
* Golden Ocean - 19 West Street, Ilminster, Somerset, TA19 9AA (0.02 miles)
Local information sourced by www.qype.co.uk