- "Meet face to face, never send payment for items you've not seen"
- "If an ad or reply sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
- "Use the 'Reply to ad' button for your safety and privacy"
- "Don't reply to email addresses hidden in text and pictures"
- "Beware of fake Gumtree, eBay or escrow sites and invoices"
- "Don't carry large sums of money with you when meeting up"
- "Tell others when/where you're going to trade, and bring a friend"
- "Don't ship items - always trade face to face"
- "Don't use Paysafe, Ukash or Western Union for Gumtree trades"
- 1428 days ago
- Seller type
- Property type
- Number of beds
An architect designed 4/5 bedroom, detached residence providing spacious accommodation and set in generous grounds of over 1/3 acre with fantastic rural views and of Mounts Bay in the distance.
This superior home was built for the current owners and provides 'executive' style accommodation that is ideally complemented by the garden, which comprises of lawns, fruit trees and flower beds in over a third of an acre.
The owners wanted to provide themselves with a high insulation property and they incorporated into the design a Central vacuum system and a Rega heat recovery and ventilation system which they were advised changed the air in the property every two hours and used the outgoing warm air to heat the incoming fresh air.
The accommodation, benefits from oil fired heating and double glazing, and comprises in brief, from the ground floor, of a lounge, kitchen/family room, conservatory, utility room, study/bed5 and cloakroom. The first floor plays host to the bathroom and four bedrooms, the master suite has a sitting area and en-suite shower room.
The double garage is linked to the house and there is a generous turning/parking area. Also hard standing suitable for boat/camper van etc. As previously mentioned the gardens are a feature of the property being of a good size and backing onto open fields.
This is a fine family home with much to commend itself to prospective purchasers. The rural village of Cury is situated a short distance from the National Trust Poldhu Cove and 18 hole Golf Club.
It has several clubs societies and organizations as well as an Anglian and Methodist church. There is a primary school, village hall and a public house at nearby Cury Cross Lanes.
Mullion provides more amenities including a comprehensive school and beaches, whilst Helston has many national stores, cinema and sports centre with indoor swimming pool.
THE ACCOMMODATION COMPRISES - (all dimensions approximate)
COVERED ENTRANCE AREA WITH DOOR TO
HALL - Mahogany stairs, doors, skirting and architraves. A spacious area with stairs to the first floor and door to:
CLOAKROOM - with close coupled w.c. and washbasin
LOUNGE - 20' 6' x 16' 3' - a triple aspect room with views to open fields, and an open Baxi fire with raised hearth with granite plinth. Wall lights x 3 also 5 amp table lamp sockets x 4.
STUDY / BEDROOM 5 - 9' 9' x 8' 9'
KITCHEN/FAMILY ROOM - 26' x 11' - with solid maple kitchen units which provides working top surfaces incorporating a two bowl sink unit with mixer taps, cupboards and drawers under, wall cupboards over, built- in hob with cooker hood over, built in microwave, space for dishwasher. There is a feature oil fired AGA which provides cooking facilities and runs the hot water. Doors to the utility room and conservatory.
CONSERVATORY - 14' 3' x 11' 6'- A very impressive addition to the property providing an outlook over the south facing garden and French doors to the outside.
UTILITY - 9'6' by 7' - with working top surfaces incorporating a single drainer sink unit with cupboards and drawers under, wall cupboards over, space for washing machine, built in cupboard. There is a traditional clothes airer which the owners have found particularly useful over the years. Door to the outside and garage.
STAIRS & LANDING - with shelved airing cupboard, housing an insulated tank, loft trap ladder to large boarded area of loft space.
BATHROOM - with suite comprising a corner bath, separate shower cubicle, w.c. with concealed cistern, bidet, pedestal washbasin.
MASTER BEDROOM SUITE - 20' 6" x 16' 3' - with built-in wardrobes, archway to sitting area- a triple aspect room with super views over fields and to the sea in the distance. Door to en-suite with shower cubicle, w.c., bidet and washbasin and cupboards under.
BEDROOM 2 - 11' max x 11' - a dual aspect room with built-in wardrobe having mirror fronted sliding door.
BEDROOM 3 - 11' x 9' 6' - dual aspect room with views over fields, wardrobe with mirror fronted sliding door and built-in book shelves.
BEDROOM 4 - 11' 6' x 7' 9' - with outlook over south facing garden.
LINK to garage - 11' x 7' 6' - From the utility room a door leads to the wide area with space for a freezer etc that leads into the garage.
GARAGE - 19' 6' x 16' 3' - with two roller doors, one being electrically operated, with loft trap to boarded roof space, pedestrian door to the rear. Central vacuuming system, has outlets on each floor and allows for vacuuming to be done throughout the property.
OUTSIDE - There is a generous turning area, hard standing for boat /camper van and parking area which leads to the garage. To the south is the main garden, which is laid to lawn with flower beds, shrubs and fruit trees. There are also 2 patio areas and a greenhouse and potting/garden storage area. There is a further garden area with fruit trees and bushes, as well as vegetable plot- at present laid to grass and backs on to open fields.
SERVICES - Mains water, electricity, private drainage, oil fired heating.
Property Advertised by: Christophers, 5 Wendron Street, Helston, TR13 8PT
--- Local Information ---
Schools, Libraries & Univerities
* Penryn Library - St Thomas Street, Penryn, Cornwall, TR10 8JN (9.84 miles)
* Redruth Library - Clinton Road, Redruth, Cornwall, TR15 2QE (12.82 miles)
* St Ives Library - Gabriel Street, St. Ives, Cornwall, TR26 2LX (16.44 miles)
* Hannah Robinson - 95 Mount Pleasant Road, Camborne, Cornwall, TR14 7RJ (11.68 miles)
* St Michaels Catholic Small School - St Georges Road, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 3JD (16.73 miles)
* Horse & Jockey Bakery - 41 Meneage Street, Helston, Cornwall, TR13 8RB (4.52 miles)
* Mullion Mini Market - Nansmellyon Road, Helston, Cornwall, TR12 7DH (2.04 miles)
* Colroger Deli - Lender Lane, Helston, Cornwall, TR12 7HW (1.73 miles)
* R Triggs - Churchtown, Helston, Cornwall, TR12 7HJ (1.78 miles)
* J Sainsburys - Clodgey Lane, Helston, Cornwall, TR13 0QA (4.26 miles)
Nice places to eat and drink
* The Galleon Fish & Chip Shop - Nancemellyon Road, Helston, Cornwall, TR12 7BZ (2.05 miles)
* The Barn Bistro - Lender Lane, Helston, Cornwall, TR12 7HW (1.73 miles)
* Courtyard Restaurant - Nansmellyon Road, Helston, Cornwall, TR12 7DE (1.87 miles)
* Cornish Curry Co - Parc Wartha House Churchtown, Helston, Cornwall, TR12 7BZ (1.78 miles)
* Alma House Restaurant - Churchtown, Helston, Cornwall, TR12 7BZ (1.78 miles)
Local information sourced by www.qype.co.uk