- "Meet face to face, never send payment for items you've not seen"
- "If an ad or reply sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
- "Use the 'Reply to ad' button for your safety and privacy"
- "Don't reply to email addresses hidden in text and pictures"
- "Beware of fake Gumtree, eBay or escrow sites and invoices"
- "Don't carry large sums of money with you when meeting up"
- "Tell others when/where you're going to trade, and bring a friend"
- "Don't ship items - always trade face to face"
- "Don't use Paysafe, Ukash or Western Union for Gumtree trades"
- 1495 days ago
- Seller type
- Property type
- Number of beds
The bright, welcoming interior of the Yeats is as delightfully comfortable as the faade is impressive. A magnificently light, airy space to the rear of the home integrates an expertly planned kitchen with a wonderfully flexible area offering garden access, as perfect for peaceful evenings at home as it is for relaxed entertaining or lively family gatherings. Upstairs, entered from an unusually large gallery landing, the luxurious en-suite master bedroom features stylish twin wardrobes.RoomsgroundLounge (4.7 x 3.6 m)Family Dining Kitchen (3.4 x 8.9 m)Utility (1.9 x 1.6 m)wc (1.9 x 1.9 m)firstMaster Bedroom (5.2 x 3.7 m)
incl. w'robesEn Suite (2.3 x 2.9 m)
maxBedroom 2 (4.3 x 2.9 m)
incl. w'robesBedroom 3 (4 x 3.4 m)
incl. w'robesBedroom 4 (4.3 x 2.9 m)
incl. w'robesBathroom (1.9 x 2.3 m)About Balbirnie BridgeSmall enough to possess its own unique character, surrounded by beautiful countryside and an easy commute to the sophistication of the city, Markinch has every credential needed to be the ideal setting for the lifestyle of today.
With a population of just 2, 300 or so, Markinch neighbours the much bigger town of Glenrothes, the administrative capital of Fife. Markinch has a rich history, evident in the stone-built parish church, with its elegant 12th century tower and the old Celtic Stob Cross on the northern outskirts of the town. The terraces of Markinch Hill are believed to date from Roman times.
Sports enthusiasts will enjoy Markinchs facilities for football, bowls and tennis. There is a long-established curling club (vintage 1842) and lovers of golf will appreciate the fine 18-hole course at Balbirnie Park, just to the west of the town. Of course Fife is the home of golf, and some of the best courses in the world are within easy reach. The East Neuk is also close by, with its picturesque fishing villages and blue flag beaches. The prestigious Balbirnie House Hotel is nearby and offers excellent leisure and dining facilities.
The town has a number of traditional, independent shops, while minutes away in Glenrothes is the Kingdom Centre a covered shopping mall with a wide variety of retailers including high street names, caf bars and restaurants.
Markinch has its own primary school with nursery, while parents of older children can chose between a selection of secondary schools in the local area including Glenrothes High School, Auchmuty High School or private schooling at Dollar Academy. Glenrothes is home to Adam Smith College, and St Andrews University is only a 22 mile drive
from Markinch.Opening HoursThursday to Monday
11:00am to 6:00pmDirectionsFrom Edinburgh travelling North
Follow signs for Forth Road Bridge. Heading north over bridge on A90 to M90. Leave M90 at Junction 2A signposted A92 for Glenrothes/Kirkcaldy, continue on A92 through Bankhead roundabout. At next roundabout, Preston roundabout, take 2nd exit to Tullis Russell roundabout, there take 3rd exit onto B9130, signposted Markinch and then turn 1st right into Dalginch.
From Dundee travelling South
From Tay Bridge follow A92 signposted Edinburgh/Kirkcaldy. At Forgan roundabout take the second exit onto A92 signposted Edinburgh, continue on to 5 Roads roundabout, following signs for A92 again signposted Edinburgh. At Melvilles Lodges roundabout take the second exit signposted Kirkcaldy to New Inn roundabout, there take second exit continuing on A92 to Tullis Russell roundabout, there take first exit onto B9130 (Markinch) then first right into Dalginch.
Property Advertised by: Miller Homes - Balbirnie Bridge, Sappi Road, , KY7 6ZJ
--- Local Information ---
Schools, Libraries & Univerities
* Universities Scotland - 53 Hanover Street, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH2 2PJ (17.38 miles)
* The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (The Space @ Royal College of Surgeons) - Nicolson Street, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH8 9DW (17.70 miles)
* Glenwood Library - Glenwood Centre, Glenrothes, Scotland, KY6 1PA (1.99 miles)
* Freuchie Primary School - Lomond Road, Cupar, Scotland, KY15 7HF (3.26 miles)
* Essay Pod - , Edinburgh, Scotland, EH1 1PD (17.48 miles)
* Good News Fife - 14 Balbirnie Street, Glenrothes, Scotland, KY7 6DB (0.57 miles)
* W M Morrison Supermarkets - Flemington Road, Glenrothes, Scotland, KY7 5QF (0.66 miles)
* Glen Bakers - 4 Brunton Road, Glenrothes, Scotland, KY7 6EE (0.62 miles)
* Aldi - Flemington Road, Glenrothes, Scotland, KY7 5QF (0.50 miles)
* Spar - 55-57 Bighty Avenue, Glenrothes, Scotland, KY7 5AD (0.58 miles)
Nice places to eat and drink
* Jamie's Bar - 10 High Street, Glenrothes, Scotland, KY7 6DQ (0.60 miles)
* Balbirnie Park Golf Club, - Markinch, Glenrothes, Scotland, KY7 6NR (0.60 miles)
* Happy Garden - 37 Commercial Street, Glenrothes, Scotland, KY7 6DE (0.59 miles)
* Galloway Hotel - Kirk Street, Glenrothes, Scotland, KY7 6DU (0.63 miles)
* McDonald's Restaurants - Flemington Road, Glenrothes, Scotland, KY7 5QF (0.66 miles)
Local information sourced by www.qype.co.uk