- "Meet face to face, never send payment for items you've not seen"
- "If an ad or reply sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
- "Use the 'Reply to ad' button for your safety and privacy"
- "Don't reply to email addresses hidden in text and pictures"
- "Beware of fake Gumtree, eBay or escrow sites and invoices"
- "Don't carry large sums of money with you when meeting up"
- "Tell others when/where you're going to trade, and bring a friend"
- "Don't ship items - always trade face to face"
- "Don't use Paysafe, Ukash or Western Union for Gumtree trades"
- 1550 days ago
- Seller type
- Property type
- Number of beds
A SPACIOUS 2 STOREY BARN, CONVERTED BY PICKWELL REAL ESTATE AND SITUATED IN A SEMI RURAL LOCATION WITH COUNTRYSIDE VIEWS. THE PROPERTY HAS CHARM AND CHARACTER WITH BEAMED CEILINGS AND EXPOSED BRICK AND STONEWORK AND COMPRISES: ENTRANCE HALL, REFITTED CLOAKROOM/WC, SITTING ROOM, INNER HALL, STUDY, DINING ROOM, FITTED BREAKFAST KITCHEN WITH AGA, REAR HALL, UTILITY ROOM, GALLERIED LANDING, 4 BEDROOMS, DRESSING ROOM, ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM, FAMILY BATHROOM WITH SHOWER, DOUBLE GARAGE, ADDITIONAL CAR HARDSTANDING AND LARGE MATURE WEST FACING REAR GARDEN.
THE ACCOMMODATION IN DETAIL
FRONT ENTRANCE DOOR
Front entrance door with wall mounted outside light leading to:
ENTRANCE HALL - 3.02m(9'11'') x 4.27m(14'0'')
With radiator, 2 telephone points, downlighter, tiled floor, exposed brick and stonework, staircase with single open handrail leading off to the first floor accommodation and opening into the sitting room and inner hall.
REFITTED CLOAKROOM/WC - 0.89m(2'11'') x 1.75m(5'9'')
With new 2 piece suite comprising: low level WC and inset oval wash hand basin with cupboard below, tiling, radiator, downlighter and expelair.
SITTING ROOM - 6.48m(21'3'') x 4.27m(14'0'')
With 2 radiators, fireplace with open fire grate with brick surround, raised brick hearth and wood mantel over, TV point, 5 wall light points, 2 downlighters, 2 windows, ceiling beam, exposed brick and stonework and 2 pairs of glazed doors leading to the split level west facing gravelled/paved patio area and lawned rear garden.
INNER HALL - 2.11m(6'11'') x 1.47m(4'10'')
With radiator, tiled floor and 2 Georgian style glazed inner doors leading to the dining room.
STUDY - 2.16m(7'1'') x 2.24m(7'4'')
With radiator and telephone point.
DINING ROOM - 3.84m(12'7'') x 3.84m(12'7'')
With radiator, 3 wall light points, 2 windows, 2 glazed doors leading to the split level west facing paved/gravelled patio area and lawned rear garden and 2 Georgian style glazed inner doors leading to the inner hall.
FITTED BREAKFAST KITCHEN - 3.94m(12'11'') x 5.11m(16'9'')
Fitted with base and wall mounted cupboards and work surfaces, inset Butlers sink with 2 bowls and mixer tap, tiling, built in appliances including: hob, cooker hood in canopy, oven, fridge and dishwasher, wine rack, TV point, telephone point, 4 downlighters, under cupboard lighting, tiled floor, fireplace housing the oil fired Aga with brick surround and 2 spotlight units, exposed brickwork and 2 windows.
REAR HALL - 2.06m(6'9'') x 2.08m(6'10'')
With radiator, central heating thermostat, tiled floor and part glazed rear entrance stable door.
UTILITY ROOM - 2.01m(6'7'') x 2.87m(9'5'')
Fitted with base and wall mounted cupboards and work surfaces, inset stainless steel sink unit with single drainer and mixer tap, tiling, built in appliances including: freezer and washing machine, 2 downlighters, tiled floor, central heating boiler, exposed brickwork and 2 windows.
With 2 radiators, ceiling beam, built in airing cupboard with hot water cylinder, slatted shelving and immersion heater, exposed stonework and skylight.
BEDROOM 1 - 3.68m(12'1'') x 4.27m(14'0'')
With radiator, TV point, telephone point, beamed ceiling, exposed brickwork and countryside views.
DRESSING ROOM - 2.95m(9'8'') x 2.01m(6'7'')
With access to partially boarded loft with ladder and light.
ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM - 2.03m(6'8'') x 2.54m(8'4'')
With 3 piece suite comprising: tiled shower compartment, low level WC and pedestal wash hand basin, tiling, radiator, 3 downlighters, wall light with electric shaver point and expelair.
BEDROOM 2 - 3.40m(11'2'') x 4.29m(14'1'')
With radiator, TV point, 2 built in wardrobes with cupboards over, skylight, access to loft and countryside views.
BEDROOM 3 - 3.96m(13'0'') x 2.54m(8'4'')
With radiator, TV point, exposed brickwork and countryside views.
BEDROOM 4 - 2.31m(7'7'') x 4.47m(14'8'')
With radiator, TV point, built in wardrobe, exposed brickwork, ceiling beam and countryside views.
FAMILY BATHROOM - 3.02m(9'11'') x 1.75m(5'9'')
With 4 piece suite comprising: tiled shower compartment, wood panelled bath with shower fitting, low level WC and pedestal wash hand basin, tiling, radiator, 3 downlighters, wall light with electric shaver point, expelair, skylight and countryside views.
A shared gravelled driveway leads to a:
DOUBLE GARAGE - 5.16m(16'11'') x 5.51m(18'1'')
With 2 up and over front entrance doors, lights, power points and storage space over.
There is a lawned garden area to the front of the property with borders, wall mounted outside light and a central paved pathway leads to the front entrance door. There is a shared paved pathway to the side of the property with a handgate leading to the rear garden. There is a large split level west facing paved gravelled/patio area immediately to the rear of the property with 3 wall mounted outside lights and mature well stocked borders, pergola and fencing. There is a large paved patio area immediately to the side of the property with a cold watet tap, wall mounted outside light, large lawn with mature well stocked borders, fencing, gravelled pathways, orchard and further paved patio area with countryside views.
GREENHOUSE & SHED
There is power to both greenhouse and shed.
Ashwell is situated approximately 3 miles from Oakham, which is an attractive and historic market town with a full range of shops and other facilities. Within the village there is a church, a village hall and a garage. There is excellent primary and secondary education with independent schools in the area at Oakham, Stamford and Uppingham.
From the Oakham office you will enter the village of Ashwell on the Oakham Road. At the crossroads in the centre of the village turn left which is sign posted to Whissendine, go over the level crossing and after a short distance Ashwell Court is situated on the left handside. Orchard House, Ashwell Court is the 2nd property on the right handside.
Mains water (metered) and electricity are available. Drainage is via a private system. A telephone line is also available.
None of the services, fittings or appliances (if any), heating installations, plumbing or electrical systems, telephone or television points have been tested by the Selling Agents.
COUNCIL TAX BAND: G
By appointment only to be made through the selling agents on either or .
To assist with your enquiries we are open 7 Days a Week
Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm,
Saturday - 9am - 4pm,
Sunday - Oakham - 10am - 2pm,
MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS 2003
Anti-Money Laundering Regulations came into force in March 2004. These regulations affect estate agents, there will be a requirement that gilbert and thomas confirm the identity of its seller and buyers.
The particulars have been prepared in good faith to give a fair overall view of the property for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute, nor constitute part of any offer or contract.
Property Advertised by: Gilbert and Thomas, Market Street, Oakham, LE15 6DY
--- Local Information ---
Schools, Libraries & Univerities
* University of Leicester School of Social Work - Princess Road East, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE1 7LA (17.25 miles)
* The Castle College Nottingham - Maid Marian Way, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG1 6AB (23.98 miles)
* Sapcote Library - Church Street, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE9 4FG (20.09 miles)
* Leicester Medical Society - Infirmary Square, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE1 5WW (17.69 miles)
* West Bridgford Library - Bridgford Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 6AT (22.52 miles)
* S & A Convenience - 22 Ashwell Road, Oakham, Leicestershire, LE15 6QG (2.75 miles)
* Natures Dispensary - 7 Mill Street, Oakham, Leicestershire, LE15 6EA (3.05 miles)
* Midlands Co Op Food - Burley Road, Oakham, Leicestershire, LE15 7AA (2.59 miles)
* Otters delicatessan - Mill Street, Oakham, Leicestershire, LE15 6 (3.05 miles)
* Croft Bakery - 34 Melton Road, Oakham, Leicestershire, LE15 6AY (2.95 miles)
Nice places to eat and drink
* Voujon Balti Hut - 4 Burley Corner, Oakham, Leicestershire, LE15 6DU (2.70 miles)
* Three Horseshoes - 66 Main Street, Oakham, Leicestershire, LE15 7ET (1.46 miles)
* Quality Fare - Church Street, Oakham, Leicestershire, LE15 7JE (1.59 miles)
* Oakham Best Kebab - 10 Melton Road, Oakham, Leicestershire, LE15 6AY (1.66 miles)
* Mermaid Fish Bar - 1 Westgate, Oakham, Leicestershire, LE15 6BH (2.95 miles)
Local information sourced by www.qype.co.uk