- "Meet face to face, never send payment for items you've not seen"
- "If an ad or reply sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
- "Use the 'Reply to ad' button for your safety and privacy"
- "Don't reply to email addresses hidden in text and pictures"
- "Beware of fake Gumtree, eBay or escrow sites and invoices"
- "Don't carry large sums of money with you when meeting up"
- "Tell others when/where you're going to trade, and bring a friend"
- "Don't ship items - always trade face to face"
- "Don't use Paysafe, Ukash or Western Union for Gumtree trades"
- 1416 days ago
- Seller type
- Property type
- Number of beds
FORMER WATER MILL WITH PLANNING PERMISSION TO CONVERT, COTTAGE FOR IMPROVEMENT AND APPROXIMATELY SIX ACRES
In a picturesque valley setting just five miles north of Truro City and close to the North Cornish coast.
A rare opportunity - viewing essential.
A very rare and exciting opportunity to purchase a spacious character cottage and adjoining former mill in a quiet hamlet setting. Planning permission was granted by Cornwall Council in August 2009 to restore the mill building and improve the adjoining cottage to provide a very exciting and spacious family home.
Currently the mill building is in a poor state of repair and is in need of total restoration but offers huge potential. The proposed accommodation will be over 3 floors and will include a huge open plan kitchen/dining room, entrance hall, living room, study drawing room and four bedrooms the master being particularly large with dressing room and en-suite bathroom. Full plans are available for inspection in our Truro office.
Ventongimps is a quiet country hamlet approximately five miles north of Truro city and three miles south of Perranporth and the North Cornish coast. There are no village facilities within Ventongimps but village facilities are available at Goonhavern and Perranporth. Truro is the capital county and is renowned for its excellent shopping centre as well as a good selection of restaurants, schools, colleges and main line railway link to London (Paddington).
In greater detail the accommodation comprises (all measurements are approximate):
Exposed beams, radiator and doors to all ground floor rooms.
KITCHEN 5.05m(16'7'') x 2.69m(8'10'')
Double glazed window to front, exposed beams, door to outside.
DINING ROOM 3.12m(10'3'') x 2.87m(9'5'')
Double glazed window to front, open fireplace with wood surround and mantle over. Open beamed ceilings, door to:
SITTING ROOM 4.72m(15'6'') x 4.01m(13'2'')
Two double glazed windows to front, exposed beams, window to rear, fireplace incorporating solid fuel heater, stairs to first floor.
Two windows to front, radiator, loft access, airing cupboard housing hot water cylinder.
White suite with low level w.c, panelled bath, vanity sink unit.
BEDROOM 1 3.96m(13'0'') x 3.05m(10'0'')
Double glazed window to front, built-in wardrobe.
BEDROOM 2 3.35m(11'0'') x 3.00m(9'10'')
Double glazed window to front.
BEDROOM 3 4.09m(13'5'') x 3.00m(9'10'')
Double glazed window to front.
The Mill Cottage is approached through a five bar wooden gate which provides parking. There is plenty of room to sit out and a slate flagged path is a nice feature. At the front is a small enclosed garden with mature plants and shrubs. On the outside of the garden wall is a large concrete area providing plenty of parking. Adjoining the cottage is the Mill building for restoration and beyond this a large enclosed space which would make a wonderful garden (subject to consent). The land is beyond this extending to approximately six acres and divided into two paddocks. There is potential to erect stables etc., obviously subject to gaining the necessary consent.
Private drainage. Mains water and electricity.
The electrical circuit, appliances and heating system have not been tested by the agents.
Strictly by Appointment through the Agents Philip Martin, 9 Cathedral Lane, Truro, TR1 2QS. Telephone: . Fax: or 3 Quayside Arcade, St. Mawes, Truro TR2 5DT. Telephone .
From Truro proceed in a northerly direction on the B3284 passing through the village of Shortlanesend. At Allet look out for the right hand turning signposted to Ventongimps and this will take you to the A30 junction. Turn right at this junction and left after a short distance signposted to Ventongimps. Follow this road for a couple of miles or so and turn left at the T-junction. Ventongimps Mill be easily identified on the left where a sale board has been erected.
The Particulars are issued on the understanding that all negotiations are conducted through Philip Martin who for themselves or the Vendor whose agents they are, give notice that:
(a) Whilst every care is taken in the preparation of these particulars, their accuracy is not guaranteed, and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. Any intended purchaser must satisfy himself by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of the statements contained in these particulars.
(b) They do not accept liability for any inaccuracy in these particulars nor for any travelling expenses incurred by the applicants in viewing properties that may have been let, sold or withdrawn.
Property Advertised by: Philip Martin, 9 Cathedral Lane, Truro, TR1 2QS
--- Local Information ---
Schools, Libraries & Univerities
* Bodmin Library - Lower Bore Street, Bodmin, Cornwall, PL31 2JX (20.20 miles)
* Padstow Seafood School - , Padstow, Cornwall, PL28 8DJ (16.99 miles)
* University College Falmouth - Treliever Road, Penryn, Cornwall, TR10 9EZ (10.66 miles)
* St Austell Library - 2 Carlyon Road, St. Austell, Cornwall, PL25 4LD (14.69 miles)
* Cornwall College - Trevenson Campus, Redruth, Cornwall, TR15 3RD (9.69 miles)
* J J's - St Pirans Road, Perranporth, Cornwall, TR6 0BJ (2.24 miles)
* Fresh Prepared Fruit - Newquay Road, Truro, Cornwall, TR4 9QQ (1.48 miles)
* M Chapman & Sons - 45 St Pirans Road, Perranporth, Cornwall, TR6 0BJ (2.24 miles)
* Berryman's - 5 St Pirans Road, Perranporth, Cornwall, TR6 0BH (2.24 miles)
* Beth's Bakes & Quirky Cakes - Liskey Hill, Perranporth, Cornwall, TR6 0BB (1.87 miles)
Nice places to eat and drink
* The Plume of Feathers - Penhallow, Truro, Cornwall, TR4 9LT (0.83 miles)
* new inn - , Truro, Cornwall, TR4 9QD (1.44 miles)
* The Watering Hole - Perranporth Beach, Perranporth, Cornwall, TR6 0JL (2.34 miles)
* Hard Drive Cafe - 34 ST. Pirans Road, Perranporth, Cornwall, TR6 0BJ (2.27 miles)
* The Waterfront - 1 Beach Lane, Perranporth, Cornwall, TR6 0BQ (2.40 miles)
Local information sourced by www.qype.co.uk