- "Meet face to face, never send payment for items you've not seen"
- "If an ad or reply sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
- "Use the 'Reply to ad' button for your safety and privacy"
- "Don't reply to email addresses hidden in text and pictures"
- "Beware of fake Gumtree, eBay or escrow sites and invoices"
- "Don't carry large sums of money with you when meeting up"
- "Tell others when/where you're going to trade, and bring a friend"
- "Don't ship items - always trade face to face"
- "Don't use Paysafe, Ukash or Western Union for Gumtree trades"
- 1441 days ago
- Seller type
- Property type
- Number of beds
You'll find this fab one bedder on the first floor of a handsome townhouse, with a fresh interior and in great condition. The decor is tasteful and fittings are well chosen - a hassle free purchase and great hop onto the property ladder. Southampton Way is all a buzz with local regeneration projects beginning to bear fruit. Burgess Park is easily reached on foot and undergoing an impressive reinvention - anyone for tennis?
Stretching across the front of the house is a remarkably light reception with three sash windows. Next door is a tidy bathroom with white sanitaryware including a basin inset into a cupboard unit plus a shower over the bath. A sweet kitchen with modern units, circular sink and inset hob is just before the double bedroom to the right of the front door. Step down a few stairs for this lovely room at the rear of the building.
The daily commute is easy - grab the 343 bus (to London Bridge) on Wells Way or you can walk past the tennis courts and rose gardens of Burgess Park (which is currently undergoing a GBP6million renovation) in under 10 minutes in order to access any number of buses to the West End and the City (jump off at Elephant & Castle for the Bakerloo and Northern lines). On a sunny day you can walk into Borough or the City - it's that close! The new trendy cafe in Burgess Park (Park Life Cafe) is proving a major hit - we love the cooked breakfast and homemade food! A new childrens play area adds to the charm. There are also works afoot to revamp the shop fronts, road surfaces, pavements and trees along Southampton Way which will give the area a pleasant face lift. There will also be a new cafe at no.149 - so watch that space! Camberwell offers all the bars, restaurants and entertainments you could desire. The varied delights of Bellenden Road are within easy grasp as is the fab Peckham Pulse. Peckham High Street also offers a multitude of treats for the discerning shopper. There's Camberwell Baths for swim and gym and St Giles Church for jazz in the Crypt. The Tate Gallery and other South Bank delights are a 15 minute bus ride away. As if all this weren't enough a spanking new Tesco express is open within a moments ramble. That's dinner sorted!
For further information or to arrange a viewing, please contact our Camberwell Sales Branch on .
Visit for full details, colour photos, maps and floor plans.
We endeavour to make all our property particulars, descriptions, floor-plans, marketing and local information accurate and reliable but we make no guarantees as to the accuracy of this information. All measurements and dimensions are for guidance only and should not be considered accurate. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you we advise that you contact us to confirm the details; particularly if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. Please note that we have not tested any services or appliances mentioned in property sales details.
Property Advertised by: Wooster & Stock, 39 Grove Lane, Camberwell, London, SE5 8SP
--- Local Information ---
Schools, Libraries & Univerities
* Bo Peep - Camberwell New Road, London, SE5 0TQ (0.80 miles)
* Newington Library - 155 Walworth Road, London, SE17 1RS (1.14 miles)
* Schiller International University - 90 London Road, London, SE1 6LN (1.62 miles)
* Headstart Direct School - 99-103 Lomond Grove, London, SE5 7HN (0.49 miles)
* King's College London - 49 Weston Street, London, SE1 3RB (1.44 miles)
* Costcutter - 156 Southampton Way, London, SE5 7EW (0.20 miles)
* World Wide - 49-51 Southampton Way, London, SE5 7SW (0.39 miles)
* James Store - 103 Commercial Way, London, SE15 6DB (0.34 miles)
* Sausages Alex Kennedy - 86 Peckham Road, London, SE15 5LQ (0.27 miles)
* ZIM- SOUTH FOOD - 48 RYE LANE UNIT 48, London, SE15 5BY (0.26 miles)
Nice places to eat and drink
* Dallas Chicken & Ribs - 179 Southampton Way, London, SE5 7EJ (0.08 miles)
* Happy Valley - 160 Southampton Way, London, SE5 7EW (0.17 miles)
* Beckford Catering - Peckham Gr, London, SE15 6ES (0.03 miles)
* Fung Sing - 40 Peckham Road, London, SE5 8PX (0.27 miles)
* No 67 - 67 Peckham Rd, London, SE5 8UH (0.25 miles)
Local information sourced by www.qype.co.uk