- "Meet face to face, never send payment for items you've not seen"
- "If an ad or reply sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
- "Use the 'Reply to ad' button for your safety and privacy"
- "Don't reply to email addresses hidden in text and pictures"
- "Beware of fake Gumtree, eBay or escrow sites and invoices"
- "Don't carry large sums of money with you when meeting up"
- "Tell others when/where you're going to trade, and bring a friend"
- "Don't ship items - always trade face to face"
- "Don't use Paysafe, Ukash or Western Union for Gumtree trades"
- 1557 days ago
Join me at the "Purple Thread Shed" my studio/workshop in Roslin for a varied programme of Textile Workshops & Classes. This is a small but inspirational space where a maximum of four people can work and learn together in a relaxed and supportive atmosphere.
Make A "Vintage Tea Party" Wall Hanging
Two -day Workshop
Saturday 10th / Sun 11th March 2012
10.00AM - 5.00PM
£75.00 per person plus £10.00 for materials.
During the two days you will create a unique Vintage Tea Party inspired wall hanging using a cotton/linen doillie as a starting point..
You will be encouraged to create your own design exploring a variety of techniques using various fabrics & paper, printing from vintage recipes, free machine embroidery and hand stitch.
You may wish to bring some of your own materials to make it more personal to you. I will provide a list of suggestions for things to bring with you on receipt of booking.
This is aimed at beginners as well as people with some textile experience.