- "Meet face to face, never send payment for items you've not seen"
- "If an ad or reply sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
- "Use the 'Reply to ad' button for your safety and privacy"
- "Don't reply to email addresses hidden in text and pictures"
- "Beware of fake Gumtree, eBay or escrow sites and invoices"
- "Don't carry large sums of money with you when meeting up"
- "Tell others when/where you're going to trade, and bring a friend"
- "Don't ship items - always trade face to face"
- "Don't use Paysafe, Ukash or Western Union for Gumtree trades"
- 1495 days ago
HOW DOES MY SERVICE WORK?
Everyone can benefit from counselling, or psychotherapy, whether they are feeling distressed, or unwell, experiencing relationship difficulties, or simply wish to improve certain aspects of their lives.
Potential clients will be offered a 30-minute assessment session which is free of charge. The purpose of this first session is to establish whether the client(s) and myself wish to work together.
At the end of the assessment, should we reach agreement to begin a course of treatment, a deposit of £10 is required towards the cost of the first session. This deposit covers my room hire costs in the event that you either cancel, or fail to arrive for your first session.
Thereafter, clients will be required to pay for all subsequent sessions which will last for 50 minutes (80 mins for couples). Those with limited funds may be able to agree the low income rate by prior negotiation.
Above all, I provide a friendly and professional service provided in an atmosphere of warmth, mutual trust and acceptance.
For further details and to arrange an assessment, feel free to get in touch.
- Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (MBACP Accred)
- UKRCP Registered Independent Counsellor / Psychotherapist
- Accredited Counsellor Member of Counselling & Psychotherapy in Scotland (ACMCOSCA/BACP)
- Founding member of the Scottish Transactional Analysis Association (STAA)
- Contractual Member of the ITA (Institute of Transactional Analysis)
I adhere to the ITA Code of Ethics, the COSCA Statement of Ethics and Code of Practice and, also, the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I have over 10 years working with people experiencing mental health difficulties. I also have substantial knowledge of supporting people with learning disabilities and physical impairments.
In addition, I hold a Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling, which is validated by COSCA and have significant clinical experience of treating a wide variety of presenting issues, including:
- low self-esteem
- anger management
- survivors of abuse and bullying
- eating disorders
- marriage / relationship problems (individuals and couples)
- personality problems
In addition, I'm presently undergoing advanced training and professional development towards becoming a Certified Transactional Analyst through the Counselling and Psychotherapy Training Institute (CPTI), which is located in the Newington area of Edinburgh.
Full rate - £40 per session (£50 for couples)
Low income rate- £25 per session
Telephone Counselling - £20 per session
WHAT IS TRANSACTIONAL ANALYSIS COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY?
An internationally recognised and highly-regarded humanistic model of counselling and psychotherapy incorporating elements of cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), gestalt, person-centred and psychodynamic approaches.
A flexible method of treatment for a wide range of psychological problems and a useful tool for personal growth and self-development.
Grounded in principles of equality, mutual respect and the belief that everyone can make positive change, TA is a collaborative method of working where practitioner and client work together to achieve the client's goals.