Waiting Staff WANTED!
It’s a really fun team to work in and the surroundings are incredible!
We are looking for outgoing, friendly and dynamic team members who will take excellent care of our various clientele.
A unique award winning island hotel and outdoor activity provider. With our roots in outdoor activities we have evolved over the last 35 years into a highly rated hotel & activity provider with a good reputation for providing a range of services at a high standard. We offer experiences from half day kayaking sessions to relaxing stays in deluxe rooms and lots in between. We are a family hotel operating in a beautiful tastefully renovated country house overlooking some of the most stunning scenery you will see anywhere in Scotland. Our guests rave about our food and our staff. If we get something wrong we listen to our guests. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and provide an even better experience to the thousands of guests we welcome to this unique Scottish island every year.
We have 20 rooms which vary from Deluxe to Group Dorms
We can sleep up to 84 people in the house
Our clients are from all over the world
We offer a range of exciting outdoor activities as well as bike hire - both electric and regular
We have a bistro, bar and restaurant. Our food is Scottish with our own twist. We use the best in local produce and our menu is freshly prepared, delicious and varied, with dishes from local scallops and Raasay venison to good old fish & chips!
- Good time management
- Efficiency and thoroughness
- A ‘can do’ attitude when given a task with an ability to prioritise and initiate work
- To enjoy being busy and take great pride in seeing a job through to completion.
- To have an eye for and detail with a VERY high standard of cleanliness
- Organised and fantastic at maintaining organised areas.
- Ability to ask for help when needed.
- Getting menu shortages, specials etc from kitchen at start of shift and notifying other waiting staff.
- Know the menu - If you don’t know about a dish then you need to ask. You need to know the menu to be able to sell it.
- Typing up specials and checking EPOS for errors at beginning of shift. (eg pricing, shortages etc)
- Keep the Front of House areas clean and tidy.
- Make sure that appropriate music is playing at all times when customers are there.
- Make sure the MP3 device has been charged enough for the shift.
- Ensuring good Hygiene and Health and Safety within your service area.
- Creating an efficient yet relaxing experience for our customers.
- Taking orders.
- Delivering food
- Taking cash payments.
- To ensure your appearance is according to company policy.
- To handle cash and responsibly and according to company policy.
- To have clear working knowledge of all company policies and operate within them at all times
- To ensure staff awareness of relevant company policies
- To undertake any other duties as and when required by directors and management
- Great sense of humour
- Ability to be flexible in the hours you work
- Lots of energy and happy disposition
- Being a ‘people person’
- Ability to ask for help
Hotel Waiting Package
Wage up to £18,000 Depending on Experience
Subsidised Rented Accommodation Provided
Free Outdoor Activity Sessions & Bike Hire
Discount on dining and accommodation for you, family & friends
Free meals on duty
Do you know anyone else who is looking for a job?
We've got other hotel jobs available so please spread the word.
Apply for Waiting Staff
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly