Housing Support Worker - Young People
Do you have experience of working with vulnerable young people?
Would you like to join an award-winning, accredited charitable organisation, who work closely with vulnerable people to help them achieve a fulfilling life?
Alabare are lucky to have a rich network of staff, ambassadors, trustees and patrons who work hard to ensure that we provide the best level of support possible. For this, we need inspirational people.
Alabaré Christian Care & Support are looking to recruit a Housing Support Worker to work with Young People working 30 hours per week, to provide support and advice around accommodation, basic life skills, welfare benefits, health and personal issues: all allowing service users to work towards independent living.
You will be based in Salisbury, however you will be asked to work at other services within the Wiltshire Young People Leaving Care Services.
As a Support Worker, you will be required to provide support and advice around accommodation, basic life skills, welfare benefits, health and personal issues: all allowing service users to work towards independent living.
This post requires flexibility and includes 1 sleepover a week which is paid at a rate of £38.00 per night. Hours to include some evening, bank holidays and weekend work.
The hourly rate is £8.45ph, rising to £8.72ph after successful probation review. Annual Salary £16,477.50 - £17,004, 10% enhancement is paid for unsociable waking hours from 11pm to 7am.
The closing date for applications is 5pm Monday 23rd April 2018.
This is a great opportunity to join our enthusiastic team!
Main responsibilities include:
- Work as part of a team being responsible to your Line Manager for the wellbeing of service users.
- Provide service users with practical assistance, advice, advocacy and support in order that they might develop their skills and work toward maximising their independence.
- To hold regular innovative activities by enabling a user led approach to managing the project.
- To be proactive in building positive relationships with service users. To help create a "User led" project.
- To work in accordance with the objectives of Alabaré Christian Care Centres, its policy and procedures at all times.
Housing Support Worker | Youth Worker | Support Worker | Youth Engagement | Key Worker | Support Work | Youth Support Worker
- Experience of working with vulnerable young people
- To currently hold NVQ Level 3 or above, or be committed to personal development through training leading to NVQ accreditation
- Experience of working unsupervised and on your own initiative
- Ability to form and maintain professional working relationships with a range of individuals
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills including ability to write reports
- Experience of forming and maintaining appropriate professional boundaries
- Competent IT Skills Ability to record information accurately, objectively and within prescribed timescales
- To be able to cover on a flexible rota to include evenings, weekends, Bank Holidays, waking nights and sleep-ins
- Be flexible and able to move within houses as necessary
All applicants are required to be a car driver with access to a reliable motor vehicle, with Business Insurance.
- Good working knowledge of the welfare benefits system
- Experience and knowledge of key working systems
- Experience of involving service users in improving services
- Experience and knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and related issues
About Our Company:
We provide housing related support for homeless and vulnerable people, assisting them towards living independently. All money raised helps to support our valuable work.
Winners of Investors in People Award and also accredited as a Living Wage, Two Ticks and Mindful Employer.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be subject to an advanced DBS check. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Housing Support Worker - Young People
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly