Chef De Partie
St Austell Brewery Tenanted pubs
The Rising Sun - JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Chef de Partie
Reporting to: Head Chef/Manager
Important internal relationships: All staff
Important external relationships: Customers & Suppliers
Main purpose of post: To provide excellent customer service whilst serving food and drinks within the expected standards.
- Preparation and cooking of food within the accepted standards
- Marketing and presentation of food to a high standard
- Undertake menu planning with head chef/manager, to include input to menu content, including pricing
- Order supplies, keep records of stocks, including stock management of the kitchen and checking deliveries for quality
- Adherence to food hygiene standards including ensuring HACCP’s processes are followed and recorded as required
- Maintain professional standards within the work place
- Manage team, including coordinating activities of staff, preparing staff rota’s and conducting training for junior staff to aid their development
- Work at all times within the codes of requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act, ensuring all Health & Safety standards are adhered to.
Key requirements for the post
- Previous experience working in a kitchen providing meals for large numbers
- Basic/Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Ability to manage a food budget
- Approachable, with a friendly and professional manner
- High personal standards
- As Chef your rostered hours will include peak shifts including weekends and bank holidays to ensure the smooth & efficient operation of food production. Your days off will be clearly marked on the rota.
Notes: (please do not amend, except to add the public house name)
- This Job Description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of your responsibilities, key result areas and objectives.
- The Rising Sun reserves the right to require you to undertake such other tasks, duties or training as may be appropriate to your status and experience.
- This job description may be reviewed from time to time as a result of either re-organisation of the company and/or outcomes of the performance review/appraisal scheme.
- Although this Job Description provides an outline of your key tasks, all staff are expected to be flexible and assist when necessary other members of staff in their performance their tasks and be prepared on occasion to work in other departments to enable the company to operate efficiently.
Signed (job holder) __________________________________________________________
Name __________________________________ Date __________________