Lettings & Sales Negotiator
Martin & Co are looking for a highly driven, smart team player to be part of our Letting/Estate Agency.
As a Sales & Lettings Negotiator, you will be responsible for managing a database of tenants, arranging and attending viewings, negotiating offers and terms as well as providing feedback and assisting with move-ins.
To succeed as a Lettings Negotiator, you will need to possess the following:
- Experience within a targeted, sales environment is preferred but not essential.
- A proven track record with customer service/sales and working with targets.
- You will be experienced in spotting and creating opportunities.
- Be able to negotiate between landlord and tenant and meet/exceed expectations at every opportunity.
- Work alongside shareholders in the business and recognise opportunities for third party sales.
- An excellent work ethic.
- Experience using a property database would be advantageous – not essential
- A valid UK driving license
- Team Player
- Highly driven to succeed
Responsibilities and Duties
- Register applicants and match applicants to properties.
- Arrange and attend viewings.
- Supervision of an effective applicant database, ensuring regular contact is made with all prospective tenants.
- Achieve pre-agreed targets
- Liaise and negotiate offers between landlords and tenants.
- Close deals.
- Communicate with landlords with regards to marketing feedback, viewings and hot prospects, put forward offers from applicants and agree terms with landlords.
- Provide practical solutions to landlords with regards to achieving a prompt let.
- Generate new and repeat business opportunities for market appraisals, instructions, viewing and lets.
- Maximise board presence and promote brand awareness at all times.
- Canvassing / leafleting to seek new business opportunities including targeting competitors.
- Assist Franchisee/Lettings Manager with market appraisals as and when required.
- Signing up tenants and working through the process.
- Ensure all tenancies commence in line with legislation and Martin & Co guidelines.
- Ensure offers are accepted, all terms agreed and application forms are completed in full by prospective tenants.
- Process completed application forms.
- Take deposits and record receipt of all monies.
- Progress transactions accurately and efficiently.
- Maintain office systems/software and working procedures.
- Web portal population.
- Efficient diary planning.
- Correctly record all messages, viewings and appointments.
- Activity reports as required.
- Bring complaints to the attention of your Line Manager immediately.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with landlords and tenants.
- Demonstrate high standards of professionalism and provide a first class level of customer service at all times.
- Attend all meetings and training courses as required by your Line Manager.
- Inform your Line Manager of ideas which may improve performance and efficiency.
- From time to time perform duties outside of this job description reasonably requested of you.
- To achieve pre-agreed targets, operating to the standards required by the company.
- Demonstrate high standards of professionalism, courtesy and efficiency in dealing with the public.
- Maximise opportunities for viewings, lets, market appraisals and instructions.
- Seek to increase office market share and generally promote ‘brand awareness’.
- To operate with the confines of the Housing Act and lettings legislation.
- To operate to the standards set by our regulatory bodies.
- Achieve the goals and targets pre agreed with your Line Manager.