Experienced Sous Chef Required
We’ve been serving the fine people of Glasgow for over 75 years and are looking for an experienced and ambitious Sous Chef to join our busy restaurant. You will work closely with the head chef to manage the smooth running of the kitchen and be directly responsible for the quality of food quality produced. With a vast knowledge of Italian and Scottish cooking, you will be expected to serve around 400+ covers per day.
We pride ourselves in using the freshest, local ingredients which are in season and it is crucial that the successful sous chef in addition to monitoring a busy kitchen, has experience of ordering, managing stock and is able to correctly price dishes.
As a sous chef your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Working closely with and deputising for the Head Chef
• Being involved in the ordering and delivery of products
• Guiding junior Chefs in the kitchen team
• Having full control of assessing prep needs, cooking dishes and products from scratch and presenting main courses
• Having influence and input into the daily changing menu
Due to the nature of the business you will be expected to work evenings and weekends.
The successful applicant will have a real passion for food and an eager and ambitious attitude. Aspiring and proven Chef de Parties will be considered as well as strong, existing Sous Chefs.
Confidence is crucial and the job offers a generous salary for the right candidate! If you would like to be considered for this position or would like to learn more about the role please email your CV to Antonia or call.