Mobile Furniture Store Manager
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding new opportunity where you can really make a difference?
If you are a self-motivated individual with a commitment to turning donations into vital funds which enable us to provide exceptional care for our patients, then we would love to hear from you!
Dorothy House Hospice is looking for a Mobile Furniture Store Manager, to provide cover and support to our furniture stores in the Wiltshire and Somerset area.
As our shops raise funds for our Hospice Care, it is vital that they are performing at their best. We are looking for a dedicated individual with the passion and energy necessary to maintain these high standards.
We are looking for someone with great customer service, knowledge of the local area and community with an interest in furniture and collectables.
In return for your hard work and flexibility you will receive a generous 27 days annual leave allowance plus bank holiday allowance. You will also receive a 25% discount in our shops, access to our pension scheme and broader access to development opportunities.
HOURS: 40 hours per week (full-time)
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 13th May 2018
INTERVIEW DATE: Thursday 24th May 2018
Retail | Charity Shop | Management | Furniture | Sales | Management | Retail Charity Shop | Leadership | Budget Control | Charity | Customer Service
- Good standard of general education including Maths and English GCSE or equivalent
- Significant leadership qualities and potential.
- Ability to build, retain and develop a team.
- Strong drive to achieve results through others.
- Ability to delegate, coach and listen.
- Enjoys working with people and has a friendly and approachable manner.
- Ability to manage time under conflicting priorities.
- Ability to demonstrate resilience to the everyday pressures that come with the role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of motivation, enthusiasm and a sense of fun.
- Open and adaptable to change and able to support others through it.
- Ability to establish and maintain successful retail processes and merchandising.
- IT literacy and numeracy skills. (Using email systems and online resources; use and understand basic spreadsheets and word processing packages. Be aware of and be open to the role of social networking and ecommerce.)
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the business
- Able to manage a physically demanding role.
- Commercial awareness and judgement.
- Ability to understand and interpret basic financial reports.
About Our Company:
Dorothy House Hospice Care is an organisation driven to provide the very best care and support to patients, families and carers across our 700 sq miles.
Over the last 40 years, we have supported and cared for over 45,000 patients, carers and families. We are innovative and pioneering and deliver exceptional care as recognised by our recent award of an 'Outstanding' rating from the Care Quality Commission. We have a vision and bold plans for the future.