Fresh Produce Buyer (Night shifts) - Turnips, Borough Market
Turnips is a premier retailer and wholesaler of quality fruits, vegetables and specialist foods based in the iconic Borough Market near London Bridge.
We have earned our impressive reputation through 25+ years of impeccable service, providing produce of the highest quality to the top restaurants, bars and cafes all over London and offering brilliantly artistic fruit and vegetable displays at our retail outlets, for which we have obtained high acclaim
THE JOB :
We are currently looking for an experienced buyer to join our procurement team based in Borough Market.
The vacancy details are as follows -
Full Time role (5 days a week between Monday to Saturday) --- Night shifts* --- £25,000 to £30,000 pa based on experience
*shift times to be discussed during interview
***PLEASE NOTE : Due to the unique nature of our trade, we require the wholesale & procurement team to start early in the morning to process orders received overnight
ONLY APPLY FOR THIS VACANCY IF YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WORKING THESE HOURS.***
We offer a generous staff discount on all our produce, 28 days annual leave, a workplace pension plan, ample training and career development opportunities and a friendly, vibrant working environment.
Responsibilities will include -
- Collating stock takes and reconciling customer orders to generate daily buying sheets
- Ensuring correct stock levels are maintained
- Purchasing produce as per the specifications and quantities required (from both, local markets and direct suppliers)
- Ensuring all purchasing paperwork (tickets, invoices, purchasing sheets etc.) are complete and accurate
- Adhering to budgets and targets
- Working efficiently with new and existing network of suppliers to source the best quality produce
- Negotiating effectively to deliver value and cost savings
- Liaising with other departments on a timely basis
- Other general duties
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
The right person for the job will have/be -
- Experience of working in a similar role in the fresh produce industry is essential
- Fluent in English, well spoken and confident as the role involves interaction and negotiation with various stakeholders.
- Flexible, well organised and motivated.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- A good understanding of the food industry and a passion for produce
- A clean drivers license (MUST BE OVER 25 YEARS OF AGE FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES )
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Turnips team. We are a close-knit, progressive company who place special emphasis on the well-being and development of our staff and strive to provide a fun, friendly working environment. You will be serving and promoting the best of British and international produce!
HOW TO APPLY :
Please forward your CV along with a covering letter stating how you would add value to our team and a brief description about yourself.
Due to the high volume of applications we are not always able to respond to all CV's. Only successful candidates will be contacted.