Attendant is looking for talented Managers. Yes, you, who else!? (In my best Clooney accent)
Attendant’s journey began in 2013. Serving delicious coffee and food from a former Victorian men’s toilet, built circa 1890 and mothballed in the 1960’s. The loo lay dormant for more than fifty years before being lovingly transformed into one of Europe’s most unique espresso & food bar spaces. We are currently 3 cafes strong with a 4th and 5th on the way. We are on track for our target of 22 by 2022. We are a high growth company with lots of energy and ambition, whom is currently searching for our future leaders.
We have developed into a globally recognised brand best known for our delicious brunch and coffee. Our focus is to cultivate a community through our business practices. You may be asking yourself ‘what does this mean’? Well, we believe in ethical sourcing, provenance and sustainability. We work with local communities on a global scale through our sourcing. So you’re not just serving or buying coffee and food at Attendant you’re making a difference.
When it comes to the local community of people that frequent our cafes. Experience is at the heart of what we do. We design each of our cafes with the people that house them in mind – we take this one step further by providing a service lead experience that aims to detach the local community from their 9-5. Providing a space where people can feel comfortable, creative, work on projects, have business meetings, chat to regulars, staff, friends and get right back to their day. We want everyone person who walks through our doors to take a moment, relax and refuel.
What would the management role mean to you?
- You will have the opportunity to working with an innovative seasonal menu.
- Lead an amazing team of people
- Autonomy of your own cafe
- Responsibility to grow your team
- Responsibility for growing your own business
- Personal development opportunities through a robust internal support structure and training structure, empowering our future leaders.
- Opportunity to Internalise company brand ambition to engage and develop your team
- Opportunity to have a strong brand experience on your CV. Where you make a direct impact and contribution to the growth story of our brand
We are looking for:
An entrepreneurial self-starter who is keen to leverage and build upon their current skill set. The right candidate is a passionate and dedicated person with a robust well rounded skill set. You will be responsible for leading a team of passionate individuals to facilitate the development of a dynamic & evolving work environment.
You will possess a sharp mind-set of that of a entrepreneur whom is looking to develop their operational and management skills. You will be working closely with our Operations Manager to maintain the quality and consistency standards. We are looking for someone that is a leader in every sense of the word.
You well be:
- Driven and goal oriented
- Have long-term commitment with a longer-term vision (Entrepreneurial)
- Strong leadership skills set to be able to develop and grow a high performing team
- Passionate about running one of our cafes as if it were your own
- Passionate about being the best you can be
- Are you able to demonstrate a firm grasp of commercial subjects (P&L, GP’s Wage forecasting)
- Passionate about hospitality and people
- Someone whom takes responsibility for your team and for your business
- Do you have the willingness to listen and to learn from a variety of different sources, are you able to work in a feedback culture?
- Are you Humble?
You will be the type of Manager with a hands-on approach, who enjoys leading from the front and supporting from the rear. Working in a focussed environment of just one cafe, full-time, to allow you to implement, quality control, and maintain every detail of what Attendant does. We want someone who wants to be involved in a young dynamic company and will bring their own passion, enthusiasm and knowledge to the business.
We’re looking for a team player who will fit in with our ethos on quality, hospitality and customer experience. You are no stranger to being fast, efficient, consistent and clean. Someone who is particular but still able to serve customers, prepare food/coffee quickly and most importantly build relationships with our new and current customers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To set and maintain, the highest standards of customer service in the cafe.
- To provide cover with the other staff as required on a daily basis.
- To develop a motivated and high performing team committed to delivering clear goals and objectives set out by management.
- To manage the team, and to be responsible for the presentation of the food and beverages offered for sale and completion of admin duties.
- To be responsible for the regular monitoring and control of stocks and wastage, undertaking stock takes at regular intervals.
- To be responsible for all food, beverage & other ordering to the site as set out by management.
- To ensure good timekeeping and performance by staff, and to comply at all times with the security procedures and uniform for staff as instructed.
- To assist the senior management team, to maintain the standards of hygiene and health and safety at all times and throughout all the catering operations.
Person Specification Essential:
- Must be punctual, with a professional outlook, able to work under own initiative without supervision.
- Customer service background with drive and enthusiasm to achieve.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and high standard of personal hygiene and appearance.
- Must be an enthusiastic team player and be able to work with other colleagues in a dynamic business.
- High energy levels with cheerful disposition and the ability to work under pressure.
- Previous management experience in speciality coffee
- Catering experience
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and follow company procedures
- Marketing experience
- IT skills: Word processing, Excel, etc.
*The small print*
Probationary Period: 6 months
- Full time Hours: 40 - 45 hours a week over 4 -5 shifts per week + occasional evening events
- Cafe core opening hours: Monday – Friday 8.00am – 6.00pm, Saturday & Sunday 9.00am – 6.00pm
- Holiday Entitlement: 28 days’ holiday including bank holidays
- Starting wage £24k + *Service Charge. (*Circa 27-30k depending on performance)
- We are a small tight knit team so only fun loving, hard working and all round cool cats need apply (an awesome sense of humour isn’t a must, but will definitely help because you need to be able to laugh at our jokes).
Only apply if you have relevant experience. Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we will receive for our advertised roles we are not able to contact all candidates directly. Should you not receive a response within 7 days of your application being received please consider that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
If you like what you have just read and want to join our team? What are you waiting for – APPLY NOW!
Apply for Cafe Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly