Purchasing Assistant, Poole - Up to £18,000
A leading independent engineering company are now in requirement of a Purchasing Assistant to join their busy office. Reporting to the Purchasing Manager and working closely within a busy environment you'll be a vital player in the smooth & efficient running of the purchasing department. This is an interesting role and you will be a strong support to updating the team.
You'll be responsible for:
- Calling prospective suppliers
- Chasing outstanding orders placed with suppliers
- Feeding back updates on products and items ordered
- Raising purchase orders
- Processing orders
- Updating the system accordingly with updates and information
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in a purchasing function
- MRP knowledge
- Proactive attitude
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Ethical behaviour
- Strong interpersonal skills
This opportunity is available immediately on a temporary basis to also move into a permanent position for the right candidate. This is a full time role with office hours of 08:00-17:00 Monday to Thursday and 08:00 - 13:00 on Friday. There is also the benefit of free onsite parking. Based within their Poole office this is an opportunity to join the workforce of a company with international reach.
If you think this sounds like the right opportunity for you and you feel you could be their next Purchasing Assistant then we look forward to receiving your application.
Our team guarantees complete confidentiality and will never submit candidates' details or share them