Epernay Bar Supervisor - Job Vacancy - Full Time
Epernay is recruiting!
Epernay Wine and Champagne Bar, one of Leeds' most established and iconic bars is now recruiting for a fun, committed and experienced supervisor.
The role encompasses some management duties and as such the successful candidate should have a well rounded personality and an understanding of systems and measurable objectives- most importantly, though, they should be passionate about creating and delivering fabulous and ever changing cocktail menus and delighting our customers!
- To supervise shifts, staff and service at Epernay to ensure a high standard.
- To feed into training and reviewing bar and floor staff.
- To perform all the bar and floor staff duties to an exemplary standard.
- To set a positive example of leadership.
- Supervise shifts, staff and service at Epernay to ensure a high standard.
- To report directly to the Senior Management Team to drive the business forward successfully.
- Working with Senior Management to ensure the smooth running of any special events and to be the main point of contact for any customers using or hiring the event space.
- Taking control of the shifts and allocating clear roles to both bar and floor staff.
- Ensuring cash and credit cards are handled safely and appropriately.
- Ensuring the venue is always kept clean and tidy and that colleagues are also maintaining this.
- Ensure the venue is re-set to the original specification after events
- Problem solving whilst on duty i.e. finding staff cover and highlighting maintenance issues.
- Checking staff punctuality i.e. start and finish times and staff break durations
TRAINING & REVIEWING STAFF
- Providing on the job training and appraisals for staff under supervision of Senior Management.
- Continuously providing feedback to staff about their performance and areas for improvement.
- Always challenging poor service or inappropriate behaviour from staff.
- Allowing time to sit down with staff and discuss issues when needed.
SETTING A GOOD EXAMPLE
- Setting high standards of customer service and always putting the customers first.
- Being knowledgeable of all areas of the business including events, marketing & finances.
- Greeting and seating customers adequately and providing menus.
- Being polite and cheerful to customers at all times.
- Taking and serving food and drink orders.
- Using the till accurately and providing customers with their bills as requested.
- Undertaking bar duties and managing the bar well.
- Being positive, focused and pro-active.
- Remaining calm under pressure.
- Delivering on promises.
- Setting examples of a high standard level of service that is expected at Epernay.
- Forging good relationships and communicating well with colleagues at Epernay.
- Being respectful, polite and honest to all members of staff at all times.
- Opening up securely and starting the shift on time.
- Cashing up accurately and locking up securely at the end of the shift.
- Completing and sending a report of the shift before leaving.
- Maintaining systems i.e. stock control and ordering, waste management and event bookings etc.
The role offers huge scope for progression at an exciting time for the business and an extensive training package can be provided for the right candidate.
If you're interested in finding out more don't hesitate to apply via the link and make sure to include a covering letter that tells us a little about yourself.