Senior Finance Advisor
Role:Senior Finance Advisor
Contract: Fixed term contract until December 31st 2019, 0.4 FTE
Salary: £39,000 (pro rata for part time)
Closing date: 12th April 2018
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
Our client supports SME businesses through the whole cycle of growth, from pre-start and start-up to sustainability and growth, via a blend of branded services. They deliver funded start-up and growth support to individuals and SME businesses in the West of England area as part of a consortium of partner organisations, and thanks to the European Regional Development Fund. Start-up support is delivered under the company's Outset brand and growth support is offered under their GetSet for Growth brand.
The Enterprise Advisor will work across both the Outset and GetSet programmes, supporting a team of advisors to help individuals and business owners gain the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to start and grow a business. We work with people from a range of different backgrounds, at all different stages and often with different needs.
The successful candidate will receive internal guidance to develop in the role until they have the experience and skills to support entrepreneurs and business owners in their own right.
- Responsible for managing, and delivering to, a client base of SMEs.
- Supporting with a range of cross-sector businesses on financial advice to create business growth.
- Working with businesses to enable them to be ready for financial investment through a variety of sources including debt and equity.
- Planning and delivering group training activities including practical business start-up sessions and more specialist SME business workshops on, business strategy and finance.
- Responsible for developing a network of national and local partners and stakeholders, with whom you will foster, develop and maintain excellent working relationships.
- Providing one to one coaching as needed with start-up and growing businesses.
- Responsible for capturing and ensuring the accurate recording in our CRM files of all appropriate client data and evidence required by the Project Manager and supporting in preparing accurate and informed claims and progress reports.
- Deliver excellent service at all times to clients, partners and funders.
- Working as part of a small, close-knit team.
- Reflect and promote the values of YTKO/Outset at all times.
Please note the Senior Finance Advisor may also be called upon to complete a range of other duties for YTKO Group, as reasonably required.
- Experience of running your own business
- Experience of developing a network of business partners in the region
- Knowledge and understanding of management accounting including: tax, cashflow, investment, funding, shareholder agreements and company structures – ideally backed up with relevant accountancy, management accountancy or financial advisor qualifications
- Understanding of SME businesses with the ability to speak confidently about the key areas of finance and business planning
- Experience of organising and delivering successful events
- Be able to present effectively to small groups as well as in 1:1 settings.
- Good organisational skills and a self-starter with an attitude of going the extra mile to support the team, our partners and our clients.
- Flexibility, adaptability and a willingness to embrace change and development.
- Excellent written and spoken English and highly IT literate, with Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Experience in a Senior Finance role
- Have an existing network of business relationships
- Experience of working with underrepresented groups.
The YTKO Group is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all candidates fulfilling the job requirements, regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion or disability.
About the European Regional Development Fund
The Enterprising West of England Consortium, and this role within the project, is funded by the European Regional Development Fund. The Department for Communities and Local Government (and in London the intermediate body Greater London Authority) is the Managing Authority for European Regional Development Fund. Established by the European Union, the European Regional Development Fund helps local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support innovation, businesses, create jobs and local community regenerations. For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding.
About YTKO Group:
YTKO Group is a successful private sector business with more than 30 years’ combined private and public sector expertise in supporting new entrepreneurs, established businesses and corporates. The Group’s mission is to support the creation and enable the growth of more than 10,000 companies, who together will contribute more than £1 billion per annum to the British economy by 2020 and over half this work is delivered on a not-for-profit basis. YTKO has raised over £40 million for clients from a wide range of debt, grant and equity sources, many of whom have previously been unable to access finance. It has also created and executed effective business and market growth strategies for all kinds and sizes of businesses, largely through its private sector arm, Versio. Bev Hurley CBE, the Chief Executive of YTKO Group was awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise Promotion in 2011 and a C.B.E. in 2013. For more information, go to the yttko website.
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this post, please attach your CV to the link priovided. You will then recieve an email with intructions to download and complete the application form together with the Equal Opportunities form. Please note that the deadline for applications is 5pm on the 13th April 2018.