Operational Risk Analyst - Financial Services
Operational Risk Analyst that has experience working within a regulated financial services business is required by a well-established Company based in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
SALARY: up to £28,500 per annum (depending on experience) + Car Allowance + Benefits
LOCATION: This job is based in Leeds, West Yorkshire, but will require field based risk assessments across the UK
** Excellent Career Development Opportunities **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Operational Risk Analyst that has experience working within a regulated financial services business.
Working as the Operational Risk Analyst you will be the second line of defence, providing effective, accurate and timely support to the Risk Function. You will provide assurance of the control environment and oversee the first line use of these controls.
As the Operational Risk Analyst, you will be responsible for monitoring and updating business incidents and the management processes. This will include testing the control environment across the business, ensuring that control deficiencies and risk impacts are escalated so that root cause analysis can be performed and remedial actions taken. You will also identify themes and trends in the business incident management reports.
This role would be suited to someone with experience of operational risk management within financial services, ideally within Home Collected Credit.
As a successful candidate, you will have a great opportunity to join this well-established Company that can offer excellent career development opportunities.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Operational Risk Analyst:
- Provide support to the Head of Operational Risk and their direct reports
- Support the embedding and education of business incident management at an operational level within the business
- Management and oversight of the business incident management process
- Helping managers at all levels across the organisation understand the business incident management process
- Testing of the control environment across the business providing reports to the business
- Review and support the updating of all risk registers
- Provide management information both to the CRO and the business to enable risk based decisions to be taken
- Facilitation and the co-ordination of minimum standards
- Management of stakeholder relationships within the business
- Supporting the development and ongoing maintenance of a robust risk management framework
- Provide MI to the Risk Team as required and in line with the reporting schedule
- Develop and refine risk reporting as necessary
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- An understanding of operational risk and financial crime prevention
- Experience of working in a regulated financial services business
- Experience of report writing
- Experience of using Microsoft Excel
- Experience of liaising with and influencing stakeholders
- Ability to put the customers’ needs first and challenge where this is not being done
- Contribute to creating an open and honest culture
- Innovative and creative in approach, seeking new opportunities to improve the customer experience
- An understanding of credit risk is desirable
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4058
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Work in Leeds, West Yorkshire. Recruitment, staffing and CV sourcing services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk