Part-Time Payroll/ Bookkeeping Assistant
Dempsey and Co Ltd is a small accountancy firm, based in Croxley Green, which deals with clients' annual accounts, quarterly VAT, payrolls, personal tax etc. We are looking for a payroll assistant to join us for 3 days a week, running weekly and monthly payrolls, either on an employed or self-employed basis. Some basic bookkeeping work may also be required.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Processing weekly and monthly payrolls for various clients.
- Uploading/ processing pension contributions and auto-enrolments.
- Monitoring holiday pay/ usage for our client’s employees.
- Communicating with clients on staff salaries and effectively dealing with any queries.
- Handling P60's, payslips and changing tax codes.
- Producing weekly/ monthly payroll reports.
- Communicating with clients on any PAYE payments that are due and ensuring these have been paid.
- Keeping up to date with changing employment laws that relate to employee pay, entitlements etc to ensure compliance.
- Honour confidentiality of employee pay records.
- Assisting with the preparation of annual accounts and quarterly VAT returns.
- Working with spreadsheets to maintain sales and purchase ledgers on Excel and Sage.
- Any other ad hoc duties as and when required.
To be successful, you will have:
- Previous experience of running a payroll and have a solid understanding of the payroll process.
- Experience of using Brightpay payroll software is an advantage but not essential as training will be provided.
- The ability to work quickly & accurately under pressure to meet deadlines.
- The ability to communicate effectively.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team. Time management skills are essential.
- Be proficient in using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel).
- Excellent literacy and communication skills, both written and oral.
- A detail oriented, logical and methodological approach to problem solving. Must have excellent administration and organisation skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- A willingness and desire to learn.
Hours: 12 hours per week, over 3 days. Some flexibility around days and times, but largely dependent on when FPS submissions are due. More hours may be due in the first month for training and at the end of each month.