CRAFT BEER SALES & ACCOUNT MANAGER - SOUTH COAST
Sales and Account Manager - The Beer Collective (Brighton based)
The Beer Collective is hiring!
Are you a craft beer lover who knows a Sour from a Gose and an IPA from a Pale?
Do you love socialising and spending time with like minded customers?
If you are self motivated and have a great understanding of the hospitality industry then The Beer Collective needs YOU!
TBC is an independent craft drinks distributor operating in the South East. Due to exciting expansion opportunities we are looking for a South Coast Account Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity for a self motivated craft beer lover who loves to meet fellow beer geeks.
You will get to sell some of the best breweries in the UK including Wylam, Northern Monk, Tiny Rebel, Burning Sky and Gipsy Hill plus a number of breweries from further abroad like Yellow Belly (Ire), Kaiju & Prancing Pony (Aus) and a number of new American, New Zealand and Eastern European breweries about to come on board.
At The Beer Collective, we don’t see ourselves just as a distribution company, we also like to be involved in marketing and events. This year marks the 3rd year of Brighton Tap Take Over where we take over 14 pubs with our breweries, plus you will always see us with a bar at Brighton Marathon and festivals around the country. As an account manager with us you will get to travel and attend festivals all over the country and abroad including Extravaganza, Craft Beer Calling, Barcelona Mash Festival and many more
- Acquiring new customers
- Developing and building relationships with new and existing accounts. Account visits, presentations and tastings
- Account Management. Develop and maintain strong positive relations with all customers and distribution
- Complete necessary reporting, maintain sales & personal development goals.
- Driving growth between Hastings and Bournmouth
- Drivers licence is essential – Car allowance included
- Great communication, listening and time management skills
- Lots of initiative & the ability to think on your feet.
- Passion for beer as well as a good level of beer knowledge, plus the ability to communicate your enthusiasm to other people
- Strong persuasion skills
- Conscientiousness and willingness to work independently
- Determination to achieve success even when faced with setbacks
- Being able to jump in and take orders and complete stock monitoring with full use of our ordering system
- Weekly sales and marketing meeting with one of the partners- London
- Accounts and visits
- Samples to be taken to new and potential clients every week
- Monthly finance meeting with the FD- Sussex
- You will have full support from TBC office
- You will be supplied with laptop and phone
- Attend festicals, exhibitions, organise tap takeovers etc
- You will be provided with sales training from an external sales company
- TBC will send you for courses with the goal of becoming a Beer Sommelier
Sales and Marketing
In addition to your weekly sales and marketing meeting, this portion of the role will focus on the following:
- Being proactive in planning future events
- Approaching prospective clients for collaborations and tasting events
- Coming up with new ideas for marketing and promoting the company
- Using social media tools to keep customers up to date and drive engagement with TBC
- Utilising Mail Chimp and direct mail to keep customers up to date with what is going on
- Building excitement for upcoming product launches and establishing us as the authority on craft beer and cider.