Media Monitoring Assistant - Welsh language
Shifts Approximately 20 hours per month (shift times negotiable)
Salary £7.85 per hour
Our Dayshift News team is responsible for monitoring media sources across the UK, including newspapers, magazines, web content, and broadcast outlets, subsequently processing and assigning items appropriate to the requirements of a comprehensive client base.
This part-time role will primarily involve monitoring Welsh language media outlets (press/TV/radio/online) quickly and accurately, ensuring relevant content is identified and processed.
The media monitor must work as a full member of the team, helping to ensure a uniformly high quality of output.
Home working is a possibility in this role after a probationary period.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Monitoring of press, online and broadcast sources accurately to agreed time targets
• Accurate selection of items according to individual client requirements
• Preparing and sending accurate reports to in-house team
• Maintaining and updating knowledge of client requirements, the media environment and working procedures
• Any other reasonable tasks as assigned by management
• Excellent knowledge of UK & Welsh current affairs
• Ability to interpret and evaluate news items accurately and at speed
• Fast, accurate typing and good all-round IT skills
• Writing/journalistic interest or ability
• Good concentration levels
• Ability to work and communicate well within a team structure
Technical requirements (for possible home working)
• Reliable computer with Skype and instant messaging software
• Good quality scanner
• Fast, reliable broadband internet connection
We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic Welsh speaker who can bring an all-round understanding of UK & Welsh current affairs to the post: business, finance, government, law, economic development, tourism etc.
The ability to produce neat and accurate work to a series of tight deadlines is essential, as is the aptitude to interpret a large and diverse amount of information. A significant part of the successful applicants’ duties will involve working quickly and accurately with bespoke software packages. Keyboard skills and a good knowledge of IT processes will be an advantage.
As a growing company, we require all staff to develop a versatile range of skills in relation to a daily agenda where quality and consistency of service to our clients is of prime importance.