Media Monitoring Assistant
Press Data's Dayshift News team is responsible for monitoring UK and Scottish regional publications, selected trade press, web content, and broadcast media, subsequently processing and assigning media items appropriate to the requirements of a comprehensive client base. Some media evaluation and transcription duties also form part of the Dayshift News team’s weekly workload.
In addition, team members are required to handle some content delivery to clients, via our website and other delivery mechanisms, ensuring the highest standards of quality control.
The media monitor must work as a full member of the team, assisting others where necessary and helping to ensure a uniformly high quality of output.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Monitoring of press, online and broadcast sources accurately to agreed time targets
- Accurate selection of items according to individual client requirements
- Processing selected articles to agreed standards
- Writing clear, concise summaries according to individual client briefs.
- Coding articles and uploading material to deadline
- Managing outsourced and other external content with speed and accuracy
- Handling client delivery and quality control responsibilities, delivering articles to agreed deadlines
- Preparing and sending accurate, high quality summary reports to clients
- Maintaining and updating knowledge of client requirements, the media environment and working procedures
- Keeping work environment clean, tidy and safe
- Any other reasonable tasks as assigned by management
- Excellent knowledge of UK, Scottish & Welsh current affairs
- Ability to interpret and evaluate news items accurately and at speed
- Fast, accurate typing and good all-round IT skills
- Some writing/journalistic interest or ability
- Good concentration levels within busy working environment
- Ability to work and communicate well within a team structure
We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic graduate who can bring an all-round understanding of UK, Scottish & Welsh affairs to the post: business, finance, government, law, economic development, tourism etc.
The ability to produce neat and accurate work to a series of tight deadlines is essential, as is the aptitude to interpret a large and diverse amount of information. A significant part of the successful applicants’ duties will involve working quickly and accurately with bespoke software packages. Keyboard skills and a good knowledge of IT processes will be an advantage.
As a growing company, we require all staff to develop a versatile range of skills in relation to a daily agenda where quality and consistency of service to our clients is of prime importance.
***PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS BASED IN CENTRAL EDINBURGH AND INVOLVES SHIFT WORK***