Full-Time & Term-Time only Level 3 Nursery Practitioner
Do you have the ability to read a ten-page fairy-tale, upside down, with at least 4 interruptions per page?
Are you happy to leave work every day, most likely covered in mud/sand/glitter/shaving foam/all of the above, with twigs, pens and googley eyes stuck in your hair and know that this means it’s been a good day?
If so, then we’ve got the right job for you! We are looking for amazing people to add to our growing team who:
- Must have a warm smiling face that makes every child feel special.
- Must be able to laugh at jokes they don’t understand, or they don’t find funny.
- Will have an active imagination – if a child requests that you be a captain of a pirate ship, you will be the best pirate captain you can be!
- Understand that the ability to sing in tune is not necessary, however the ability to sing out of tune in front of a crowd is essential. As is dancing to all types of music!
- Must be able to distribute warm hugs as required.
- Knows who Peppa Pig, Elsa, Anna, The Gruffalo, Captain America, and Sponge Bob are and know every single word to “Let it Go”.
- Possess the skills required to rapidly count the heads of numerous moving small people is of the upmost importance.
- Must be comfortable entering public places on the way home from work, with unknown substances on their clothing.
- Are happy to spend a lot of time outside with the children.
- Given just some flour, sequins, orange paint and leaves, can create something amazing that even Blue Peter presenters would be proud of.
- Must have a high level of comfort around talking about bodily functions. They must also have a strong sense of smell to enable them to respond to said bodily functions.
- Can pretend to eat playdough creations realistically, and that of drinking numerous cups of pretend tea.
- Must be prepared to have lots of fun in the workplace. Laughter is something that can be expected for a large part of the working day.
- Finally, must be prepared to feel loved, special and important to many young children and their families. There is simply no other job quite like this one.
Here at Mighty Oaks Day Nursery & Preschool, we are a small, warm, friendly team who, quite simply, aim to provide the highest standard of Early Years’ care and education we possibly can by incorporating elements of the EYFS, Montessori and Forest School teaching. We provide excellent opportunities for the children to connect to nature and the outside environment all year round within our 65 acres of beautiful woodland.
We are looking for dynamic, dedicated and motivated individuals to fill our available full-time and term-time only positions.
Competitive wages offered.
We believe these positions will be fulfilling, evolving and inspiring to the right candidates.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Mighty Oaks Day Nursery & Preschool is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.