Category Manager - Indirects
Category Manager -Indirect Categories - Oxford Based
£55,000 plus benefits
Our client is a department of one of the most educational establishments in the world, which furthers the objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
Our client are seeking a Category Manager (Indirects) to join the Group Procurement team to lead in the delivery of the procurement portfolio/pipeline and associated targets across sourcing and supplier management. You will be required to work across all of our clients global divisions and various spend categories which include Supply Chain, Travel, Facilities, HR, and Professional Services. Note that this role has a particular focus on the delivery of Supply Chain associated procurement activities.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the timely delivery of specific procurement projects which achieve targeted savings and minimise supply risk
- Strategic supplier relationship management of key Indirect suppliers with an annual spend c£130m
- Ability to lead negotiations with sophisticated suppliers or service providers
- Identifying and involves key stakeholders early and translates their business needs to deliver commercial solutions
- Leading the identification, development and performance management of suppliers to deliver the business need
- Identifying efficiency opportunities and implements associated improvements using value engineering approaches
- Applying new policy and process changes within the procurement operating environment
- Developing project plans and prioritises delivery of a number of simultaneous strategic sourcing requirements
- Producing and maintaining central procurement documentation on behalf of the internal stakeholders (e.g. sourcing cycle process, supplier and benefits management validation)
- Building and maintaining strong internal and external relationships at senior and executive management levels.
- Management and leadership of a small team Significant procurement management experience of strategic sourcing in a large company environment, preferably with European or Global experience
- To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the Indirect Category market, with experience working in FM, Professional Services and Travel Category Management
- Minimum CIPS Advanced Diploma (Level 4 or 5) required, MCIPS Professional Diploma Level (Level 6) preferred
- High level of project management skills and working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of leading cross functional teams to identify solutions to business problems
- Proven track record of delivering cost savings across multiple business units and spend categories
- High standard of Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and experience using Sharepoint
- Comprehensive analytical skills
- Conversant and experienced in the application of modern category management tools and techniques, with an ability to develop category strategies to meet stakeholder needs
- Has excellent technical knowledge and experience in category management application
- Commercial acumen with proficient negotiation skills, with confidence and ability to lead complex commercial negotiations and achieve results
- Demonstrates integrity and professionalism and is viewed by internal and external stakeholders as credible and trustworthy.