Senior Carer / Care Team Leader
Job Title: Senior Carer/Team Leader
Salary: £9.55 per hour
Hours of work: 31 per week
Autumn Lodge Residential Home has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Carer/Team Leader to join our home in a permanent role working on average 31 hours per week.
For this job role you should have a QCF/NVQ level 3 award or higher and held at least a Senior Carer/Team Leader role before.
Autumn Lodge aims to provide its residents with a secure, relaxed, and homely environment in which their care, well-being and comfort are of prime importance.
You will strive to preserve and maintain the dignity, individuality and privacy of all residents within a warm and caring atmosphere, and in so doing will be sensitive to the residents ever-changing needs.
t will be your responsibility to manage a shift delivering care with a team of healthcare assistant’s supporting the Registered Manager to fulfil the homes statement of purpose. It will also be your responsibility to meet the Health and Social care essential standards within the residential setting.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Support the manager in the supervision of staff and residents.
- Assist staff in meeting residents needs by working as part of a team.
- Work within, and ensure effective delivery of the policies and procedures in the home.
- Ensure that daily routines are fulfilled in line with individual care plans
- Participate in supporting the manager with the On Call system for the home
- Monitor and maintain administrative requirements, ensuring that the outcome meets the standards set out in the Health and Social Act 2008 and the homes working practices.
- Participate and where appropriate take the lead in the assessment of service users.
- Supervise and develop the skills of staff in their daily working practice.
- Promote and actively encourage the delivery of a safe, structured and caring environment.
- Participate in meeting and Reviews as and when required
- Relate to, and engage service users and their families regarding their care.
- Safeguard and protect the welfare of service users.
- Ensure the needs of the homes residents are paramount.
- Promote and support the residents in reaching their full potential.
- Be fully trained and competent in the administration of medication, the auditing of medication and having knowledge of residents medications.
The above duties and responsibilities do not include or define all tasks that may be required by the Team Leader.
The duties and responsibilities may vary without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed.
If you feel you have the skills and experience for this position please click apply now.
Autumn Lodge supports Equal Opportunities in Employment and opposes all forms of unlawful discrimination on grounds such as colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.