4 days left
- Job Level
- Entry level
Petersham Nurseries are looking for a passionate, creative and ambitious Commis Chefs to join our growing team. We are passionate about food, sustainability all that comes with it. This role will suit a candidate with a strong background, preferably from a Michelin Star, 3 Rosette or 5 Star hotel background, but more importantly, we are looking for candidates that are keen to keep learning and developing their knowledge. This candidate should be prepared to accept the challenge to participate in one of most anticipated openings of early 2018.
Necessary Experience and Skills
The following range of characteristics and competencies are required. Please ensure these are reflected in your application. Short listing for interview will be based on meeting these requirements.
- NVQ 1,2 & 3 or City & Guilds 706/1&2
- Experience as a commis chef within a similar establishment
- Good health & safety awareness
- Team player
- Effective communicator
- Flair & imagination
- Display a professional culinary character and approach in all forms of communication and interaction with all staff and other departments.
- Maintain the highest standards of food freshness and quality
- Follow daily checking, before service and all foods necessary for the meal period.
- Take corrective action to a quality issue when brought to your attention by management, staff or guest comments.
- Produce all the production of menu items according to standards.
- Work to highest level of food hygiene as well as health and safety
What we offer
•Opportunity to grow and progress with the brand
•Meals on duty
•Refer a friend scheme
•28 days holiday allowance
•Child care vouchers
•Ride to work scheme
Petersham Nurseries is a place of calm where you can reconnect with nature, restoring a sense of balance and space. By celebrating aspects of the home, garden and food, we offer a destination that encourages you to step back and embrace a lifestyle of positive living.
A lifestyle destination that inspires, celebrates and shares exceptional knowledge and creativity, it has naturally evolved into a thriving business. In turn, we have established a culture and raised a ‘Petersham’ family of like-minded individuals who share their lifelong passion for organic gardening, culinary excellence, ethical and sustainable sourcing, as well as drawing out beauty in the simplest of things.
Petersham Nurseries brings nature and elegance to the heart of Covent Garden with an unparalleled lifestyle destination that captures the unique spirit and rare beauty of its original site in Richmond. Floral Court, a central courtyard is being transformed into an inspirational haven occupying 16,000 sq.ft, including a lifestyle home and garden shop, a delicatessen, wine cellar and florist and later this year two restaurants.
Whilst maintaining our passion for simplicity, flora, fauna and responsibly sourced produce, we have created an unrivalled setting within this urban environment.
Apply for Commis Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly