CHEF DE PARTIE
Farm Girl opened its doors back in 2015 with Rose, Anthony and Benoit’s combined vision of delivering holistic, feel-good food in a welcoming and Aussie-style setting. Having proved to be successful in Portobello, the Farm Girl family has expanded with over forty members of staff working across cafes in central London, creative studio collectives and now, a new restaurant in Chelsea. At Farm Girl, we are famous for our innovate superfood lattes, bespoke Australian coffee and hearty yet health conscious food.
Here at Farm Girl, we’re focused on providing maximum customer experience and so we need dedicated members of staff who are proactive, productive and passionate about excelling in the hospitality industry.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced manager to join our dynamic, friendly and dedicated team at our new restaurant in Chelsea as Chef de Partie.
• Assisting the Head Chef and Sous Chef with the management of the kitchen.
• Ensuring that all service within the kitchen is performed to the required standard set by the company and the Head Chef.
• Ensuring that all food production is achieved on a satisfactory level or beyond the company brand standards.
• Working alongside the Head Chef, in all aspects of day-to-day operations of the kitchen.
• Assisting the Head Chef in ensuring that all paperwork is completed on a daily basis. The Chef de Partie, along with the Sous Chef is in charge of the daily and weekly checks of The Food Safety Book)
• Regularly recording the fridge temperature when on duty, ensuring that it meets health and standards.
• Demonstrating and practicing high standards of hygiene and safety in the kitchen.
• Assisting with the training of new chefs and kitchen porters.
• Exercising cost control in minimizing wastage and spoilage of resources.
• Assisting the Head Chef in ensuring the food GP is maintained at 70% and above at all times.
• Assisting the Head Chef in ensuring ordering is done correctly with the nominated suppliers and stock control procedures are adhered to.
• To assist the Head Chef in ensuring that the control of waste does not exceed expected levels.
• Maintaining all equipment within the catering operation, through due care and diligence.
• Maintaining good relationships with both kitchen, front of house staff and management
• Being responsible for, along with the Sous Chef of the Preparation List for the Preparation Chef.
• Opening checks (checking that all ingredients fit the Farm Girl standards and the Food and Safety regulation laws).
• Daily management and closing Checks (Labels, cleaning of the station and ordering.
WHAT WE REQUIRE
• At least three years experience in a kitchen.
• Knowledge in prepping meat and fish from scratch.
• An excellent standard of cooking skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Experience of food costing.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
• Being part of a like-minded team, who share a passion for healthy, wholesome and nourishing food.
• A beautiful open and bright working environment.
• A competitive salary.
• Regular incentives.
• 28 days annual holiday entitlement.
• A brilliant food allowance with meals included at work.
• 50% staff discount within the Farm Girl group.
Apply for CHEF DE PARTIE
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly